Chapala.com Webboard

Covid 19 virus vaccinations

artsnob

Mudgirl, I never ever made any ridiculous claim that the vaccine was giving people HIV.  I'm just saying that these reasons among many many others are why lots people would prefer to wait awhile before being jabbed with a new vaccine that does NOT have years of testing to back it up.  And Gringohombre suggests that this vaccine is worth the elimination of this scourge to mankind.  Who is claiming that the vaccine will eliminate Covid-19 from planet Earth?  Certainly not Dr. Fauci.  Most scientists actually believe that Covid is here to stay.  It will just keep mutating every couple of months similarly to the way the common flu  already does.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

due to people that got vaccinated later showing up testing positive for HIV. 

Actually, you did pretty much say that. Testing positive for a disease is not the same thing as testing positive for antibodies. And maybe those people already had HIV antibodies, they were just never tested for that before.

However, I do agree about not wanting to be the first in line for the vaccine. I'd prefer not to be a guinea pig and will wait (not that we have much choice at this point) to see how the different vaccines play out.  I've been much more interested in the development of cures or medications to lessen the severity of an infection than the vaccines. 

• Like 2

Mudgirl, I was referring to them testing positive but it was really a false positive.  Just like thousands of Americans have tested positive for Covid when in fact they were actually really negative.  And the opposite is also true.  But yes I see what you mean by testing positive for the antibodies vs testing positive for the disease itself.  And I neither want to be a guinea pig.

We were at an ISSSTE clinic today to get our every 5 year vaccination - the one that includes pneumonia  - and I asked the nurse who gives vaccinations what was the latest news about them recieving their portion of Covid-19 vaccine for seniors. She said the recent news letter stated the middle of March to April. She then stated she speculates it will arrive anywhere from Feb. to May.

Todays' Informador is reporting that AMLO will allow private organizations and/or Governors to purchase and resell the Covid vaccine.  He says the federal government has purchased enough vaccines for all Mexicans and permanent residents and will begin free vaccinations to the general public in February but private clinics are also free to purchase and sell the vaccines.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canmex87 said:

Todays' Informador is reporting that AMLO will allow private organizations and/or Governors to purchase and resell the Covid vaccine.  He says the federal government has purchased enough vaccines for all Mexicans and permanent residents and will begin free vaccinations to the general public in February but private clinics are also free to purchase and sell the vaccines.

As if he is the only one authorized to "buy" the vaccine in Mexico and doing everyone a big favor by "allowing" private purchases to be sanctioned by him. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

We were at an ISSSTE clinic today to get our every 5 year vaccination - the one that includes pneumonia  - and I asked the nurse who gives vaccinations what was the latest news about them recieving their portion of Covid-19 vaccine for seniors. She said the recent news letter stated the middle of March to April. She then stated she speculates it will arrive anywhere from Feb. to May.

In Mexico, time and rubber are similar...each can expand or contract to fit the situation. Viva Mexico!

What I have read about allergies and Covid vaccine would seem to indicate that most of the reactions have been to people who had serious allergies and/or allergies to other vaccines as well. It was suggested if you have any allergies, after you get the shot, plan to stay fairly close to the clinic for a few hours to see if you have any unusual reactions. That way you can return quickly if there is a problem.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:58 PM, gringohombre said:

Those scaredy-cat people here afraid of taking a proven vaccine for worldwide pandemic relief should rethink their position. The tiny, tiny, tiny % of people with minimal side effects or injection site irritation is well worth the elimination of this scourge to mankind. The short term "herd immunity" for ALL depends on MOST taking this vaccine. Lets not be selfish regarding this. I will be first in line at the SAT clinic when my number comes up!!!  

I am quoting myself here because I do not understand why anyone (cafemediterraneo) would award me a SAD thingy for this post. This same person planted 2 more SADS, 3 LIKES and a CONFUSED just on this one thread!!! Now I am CONFUSED as to the new trend of people hiding behind cartoons rather than stating their reasoning and rationale in plain English. Is it because of the lack of communication skills, laziness or something else??? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

i am sure it has nothing to do with your arrogant and bloviated comments

How predictable of you...why not use your "excellent" communication skills to clearly lay out what is "arrogant and bloviated" regarding my post. I also appreciate the other 4 "awards" that I won above...Gracias!!! Very CONFUSING and SAD at the same time!!! Society as a whole is degrading itself by regressing into symbols for it's communication techniques. Sound familiar??? Read some history regarding this!!!

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

How predictable of you...why not use your "excellent" communication skills to clearly lay out what is "arrogant and bloviated" regarding my post. I also appreciate the other 4 "awards" that I won above...Gracias!!! Very CONFUSING and SAD at the same time!!! Society as a whole is degrading itself by regressing into symbols for it's communication techniques. Sound familiar??? Read some history regarding this!!!

This has something to do with Covid vaccinations, the topic of this thread??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Upfront said:

only predictable because you KNOW you have it coming. btw 98 percent of your comments are arrogant and bloviated so don't think this one was anything special

first you bitcha bout getting a SAD and now you are over the moon about your socalled AWARDS --two CONFUSED and two SAD -- while bitching about the symbols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. you are a crass piece of work

Yes, you are soooo predictable. You still have not laid out any rationale regarding "your comments are arrogant and bloviated" and in particular regarding my post on this topic. And regarding the rest of your rant... do you have a clue what the word IRONIC means???

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

you are the one that turned it into a waste of time

QUOTE I am quoting myself here because I do not understand why anyone (cafemediterraneo) would award me a SAD thingy for this post. This same person planted 2 more SADS, 3 LIKES and a CONFUSED just on this one thread!!! Now I am CONFUSED as to the new trend of people hiding behind cartoons rather than stating their reasoning and rationale in plain English. Is it because of the lack of communication skills, laziness or something else??? 

Is it now not allowed here to question why a person is SAD or CONFUSED regarding a post?

Some good news from AstraZenaca. They have been approved for emergency use in the UK. The Carlos Slim Foundation has contracted with AZ to provide vaccine and have the vaccine packaged in Mexico and distributed in Latin America. The AZ vaccine only requires normal refrigeration, making it much more practical for many countries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, dichosalocura said:

Of course MtnMama, and in my first post I think I made it perfectlly clear that it was a Covid vaccine made locally in Australia.  But can you imagine a country the size and as rich as Australia can make mistakes with their vaccine, the USA and Europe most certainly can too.  Every day I read about new evidence that if you have such and such ailment you should not take the vaccine or if you take such and such medicines then you should not take it.  The vaccine is spanking new it has not even been around for 7 months yet.  Lots of people have already had severe allergic reactions to it.  A vaccine for a virus that has a 98 to 99% survival rate, it sounds like this brand new vaccine may possibly be riskier than getting the virus itself.  Everybody has to make their own decisons regarding their own safety and what risks they feel safe taking and they must decide whether they can or should blindly trust the government to be honest with them to keep them safe.  I for one will wait a few years before taking any novel vaccine.  I'm just saying......

What color satin do you like for lining? Flowers to match?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Estrellas said:

What color satin do you like for lining? Flowers to match?

Estrellas I hope you are not suggesting that anybody that does not go out and get the vaccine is probably going to die from Covid, seriously is that what you are trying to say.  Roughly 50% of Americans are not planning on getting the vaccine anytime soon.  So, you really think half of Americans will soon be dead from Covid.  I hope I am misinterpreting your statement.

• Like 2