Chapala.com Webboard

Did not return to Ajijic this year

CalgaryBoy

36 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Look, my son with a medical background and who was tested in London as well, before they left, got it from Best arranged by my GP here because they all know that I would be dead in 24 hours or less if I got Covid. It's the nasty up the nose swab and my son paid Best so I don't know what they charge. Neither had Covid symptoms before testing and I am still alive after their almost 2 week visit. Phone Best for the price.

No need to be a jerk.  If your son has a medical background he knows there are tests other than PCR that require nasal swabs.  He probably had an antigen test which takes 2 hours for the lab to process (salud digna charges $250)

He might also be aware  the laboratory that processes a PCR  test normally needs 6 hours to complete the process. 

Since there is no laboratory in Chapala with the equipment to process and extract RNA  thus the need to send the sample  to GDL doing a process that takes about 6 hours and giving you the results in 4 hours would be a miracle. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Look, my son with a medical background and who was tested in London as well, before they left, got it from Best arranged by my GP here because they all know that I would be dead in 24 hours or less if I got Covid. It's the nasty up the nose swab and my son paid Best so I don't know what they charge. Neither had Covid symptoms before testing and I am still alive after their almost 2 week visit. Phone Best for the price.

Given the dire conditions in the UK I am surprised he decided to visit you, a high risk person

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Given the dire conditions in the UK I am surprised he decided to visit you, a high risk person

It was my suggestion because it may be the last time not that it is any of your business what my son does,in any event. And with his knowledge and concern for his father he is far from being a high risk person.

10 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

It was my suggestion because it may be the last time not that it is any of your business what my son does,in any event. And with his knowledge and concern for his father he is far from being a high risk person.

With respect it was you who decided to post your personal information, there no need to be snarky,and irritable. We are all getting frustrated with the consequence of Covid, but some of us appear to be able to handle it better than others

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

With respect it was you who decided to post your personal information, there no need to be snarky,and irritable. We are all getting frustrated with the consequence of Covid, but some of us appear to be able to handle it better than others

Apparently I, for one, can handle it better than you because I ain't frustrated by it.

• Haha 1

A HUGE APOLOGY for my time frame post WHICH WAS MOSTLY WRONG. I should have gone back to my e-mails from my son and doctor before my $%&/()IC post. Best Lab owner went to the apt. around 8pm.Dec. 22 and the results for the negative PCR's were given to my son 8AM the 23rd and he arrived  at our casa in late morning and dil later because she had to work on her computer. My son had the short 4 hr. test on his bicycle trip. That and the only other correct thing in my post is that Best will do Covid tests even in your home. He also comes to my home for any sort of lab testing required by my doc who also attends to me in my casa. SORRY FOR THE MISINFORMATION!

pedro kertesz

• Like 5