Chapala.com Webboard

How the Mexican visitors view Pueblo Magico here

Mainecoons

http://semanariolaguna.com/55394/

Gee, they are seeing the same thing some of us are, at least the ones either not in denial of what is right in front of all our eyes or who have been here long enough to remember when this community actually received some of the services it pays for. 

Remember, the Degollado administration admitted they get 70 percent of their operating funds from the property tax and all one has to do is look around and see where the vast majority of high end properties are located in and immediately adjacent to Ajijic

And over the weekend, the Mexican community was out in force demonstrating against the corrupt land use policies of the Chapala government that has resulted in these disastrous hillside developments in Ajijic and Chapala.  Not the expats, the Mexicans!

So much for the pretense that our local government is OK and only a few expats complain about it.  

49 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

http://semanariolaguna.com/55394/

Gee, they are seeing the same thing some of us are, at least the ones either not in denial of what is right in front of all our eyes or who have been here long enough to remember when this community actually received some of the services it pays for. 

Remember, the Degollado administration admitted they get 70 percent of their operating funds from the property tax and all one has to do is look around and see where the vast majority of high end properties are located in and immediately adjacent to Ajijic

And over the weekend, the Mexican community was out in force demonstrating against the corrupt land use policies of the Chapala government that has resulted in these disastrous hillside developments in Ajijic and Chapala.  Not the expats, the Mexicans!

So much for the pretense that our local government is OK and only a few expats complain about it.  

In the parade on Sunday the[mainly local Mexicans] were demonstrating against the destruction of our mountains, like in upper Lourdes for use as housing development removing natural beauty not the rest of what you put in your post. And neither Javier nor Gerardo when he was presidente said that 70% of property taxes paid for OPERATING FUNDS in this municipio. You make some good posts from time to time about various things  but what you have regurgitated here for the umpteenth time.especially about Ajijic and it's rather small tax base compared to the rest of the municipio is not correct. There are residential properties including rancheros in the rest of the muni that are far more "high end" and I  have been fortunate enough to have been behind the walls of some to make this observation. Just the one across the street from me is a family complex of 4 houses and just added a 5th all of which are larger than yours and in turn that family owns many commercial and multi unit residential properties throughout Chapala.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maincoons, give it up , yuo have been complaning to no avail for years..You have nothing new to say on the subject... We all know the government is corrupt. leave with t becaue nothing is going to chnge because an old expat is complaining and marche here are not going to change anything without follow-up so life goes on...

Here in Chiapas they are burrying the electrical lines and cables underground in the historial district. My neighbor is a driver and for some reason they forgot to warn people to get their cars out, He was out of town, came back and now cannot get his car out.. He has to rent a car to be able to make a living... viva los pueblos magicos... I a  am one of the lucky one, do not have a car here probably will not be enforce, but only the guture will tell...The program paid to repaint the houses as well but we have to sign a paper promising to erase all grafiti... that will be an other intereting experiment...If INAh has their way we will use paint with lime that will last at least a year...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

And Fred from Jocotepec has nothing constructive to say.  Just another personal attack.

1 hour ago, bmh said:

Maincoons, give it up , yuo have been complaning to no avail for years..You have nothing new to say on the subject... We all know the government is corrupt. leave with t becaue nothing is going to chnge because an old expat is complaining and marche here are not going to change anything without follow-up so life goes on...

Here in Chiapas they are burrying the electrical lines and cables underground in the historial district. My neighbor is a driver and for some reason they forgot to warn people to get their cars out, He was out of town, came back and now cannot get his car out.. He has to rent a car to be able to make a living... viva los pueblos magicos... I a  am one of the lucky one, do not have a car here probably will not be enforce, but only the guture will tell...The program paid to repaint the houses as well but we have to sign a paper promising to erase all grafiti... that will be an other intereting experiment...If INAh has their way we will use paint with lime that will last at least a year...

I am sharing with you what Mexicans think and are saying and doing about these things.  They said it.  They were also out in quite significant numbers Saturday demonstrating against the corrupt land use approvals of the Chapala government.

Does that bother you because you are in denial of what they see and report and actually go out and demonstrate against?  What does Chiapas have to do with this?  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

In the parade on Sunday the[mainly local Mexicans] were demonstrating against the destruction of our mountains, like in upper Lourdes for use as housing development removing natural beauty not the rest of what you put in your post. And neither Javier nor Gerardo when he was presidente said that 70% of property taxes paid for OPERATING FUNDS in this municipio. You make some good posts from time to time about various things  but what you have regurgitated here for the umpteenth time.especially about Ajijic and it's rather small tax base compared to the rest of the municipio is not correct. There are residential properties including rancheros in the rest of the muni that are far more "high end" and I  have been fortunate enough to have been behind the walls of some to make this observation. Just the one across the street from me is a family complex of 4 houses and just added a 5th all of which are larger than yours and in turn that family owns many commercial and multi unit residential properties throughout Chapala.

Except that some time back it was determined by Mexicans studying the local budget that 60 percent of the tax base was Ajijic.  The 70 percent came from the Chapala government and was reported in the GDL Reporter at the time.

You are posting opinions, not facts, amigo.

This type of corruption has exited , I suspect way before we arrived and is continuing. Since I live in two tates , I have the advantage of seeing the simililarities and the differences... n my experience the Mexicans in the Chapal area are eaier to manupulate and do not fght nearly as much for their rights are the people in Chiapas who are  more organized and do take action way more often and sooner than the people in Chapala and yet the same exact thing happens.. Invasion of land , ,isuse of land , change of zoning etc.. happens all the time just like it does in Chapala.. So far the people seem incapable of controlling the graft and corruption that is going on.. in both places.. I would bet the same thing happens in most of Mexico..

11 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Except that some time back it was determined by Mexicans studying the local budget that 60 percent of the tax base was Ajijic.  The 70 percent came from the Chapala government and was reported in the GDL Reporter at the time.

You are posting opinions, not facts, amigo.

Sorry, having actually worked with the aforementioned gobiernos , I am dealing in facts. Your facts re:tax base is some sort of unofficial accounting done involving Ajijic only ,if I were you would would stop repeating because it's anecdotal and baseless and far from factual reality. Like I said you make some good and valid posts but not in these matters that you keep repeating to your detriment.

• Thanks 1

You cite no facts, amigo.  

Here are pictures of our Chapala neighbors demonstrating on Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/Chapala-Al-Día-2384303558309163

Here is the translated text of what our visitors had to say.  What I see here is a lot of disrespect towards Mexicans who are telling it like it is.

Sofía Medeles (Ajijic, Jal.) - With the arrival of more tourists to the newly named Pueblo Mágico de Ajijic, there was also an increase in complaints from visitors, who point out a series of shortcomings that detract from the beauty of the town, revealed a survey conducted by Semanario Laguna to 24 travelers from different locations.  

And it is that, after receiving the precious appointment (on December 1, 2020), the visitors became stricter in their appreciations, and criticized: the traffic, the poor condition of sidewalks and streets, in addition to the terrible care of the Malecón area . 

The Tlajomulco neighbor interviewed, named Don Francisco, criticized the neglect of most of the sidewalks and cobblestones: «To come and see these abandoned banquettes , I would have better stayed in my town. It is difficult to walk through them and especially to walk through the streets, the cobblestones give it that magic and that touch of the town, but if it is poorly done, it can cause discomfort when walking on it. There are many things that Ajijic should improve, I do not deny that it is a beautiful town to visit; however there are places that remind me of the most neglected streets of the metropolitan area. 

In the discontent, the small town was also highlighted for the number of tourists they intend to attract, in addition to the fact that a percentage of those interviewed consider that Ajijic does not have any typical attraction of magical towns, such as a saint or a natural site of great importance. charm. 

«The truth is that here, it is a small town, without the necessary capacity to receive as much tourism as it does, the traffic lines are very long, from when we entered La Floresta, until we could reach the boardwalk, we did more or minus 40 minutes. Then to find parking was a torture that I don't even tell you about. First they had to fix their strategies to receive visitors and then seek to be named Magical Town, ”said Samantha Guzmán, a resident of Tlaquepaque, a town that also has the Magical Town nomination. 

For her part, Mrs. María Eugenia, a visitor from Guadalajara, said: «Its so-called International Garden and the beginning of the boardwalk are very beautiful, but the entire shore is full of garbage, it is even stinking , then all the planters are full of garbage. They should take more care of that aspect, impose sanctions if necessary. Villagers have an obligation to keep it clean, and tourists have an obligation to learn to respect the area and keep it clean. 

The interviewed tourist went further and asked herself: «Do you think that I am going to come to spend, to see a neglected boardwalk, with dry trees and full of vegetable garbage? A little detail that disappointed me about Ajijic, which should start to keep up appearances ». 

To top it off, citizen Julián, originally from Guadalajara, and who boasts of having visited the nine magical towns of Jalisco, lamented the lack of architectural and historical attractions. 

“This place is only full of restaurants and galleries. I do not deny that it is full of beautiful crafts, and very friendly and pleasant people, but there is no main attraction like most of the magical towns. They tell me that he earned the title based on the traditions he has, but they are very specific days of the year, in which we do not know if we can be available to come. I lack that spontaneous spark that makes everyone want to get to visit ”, said the interviewee.