Chapala.com Webboard

Travel Plans on Hold

Mitch210

Hello...

Hope you have not been hit as bad as it is here in San Diego.  My plans to visit have been put on hold for now.  What is happening in Lake Chapala regarding Covid-19?  Is everything locked dn? Anyone traveling, etc?

Stay well and I hope we come out of this sooner thsn later.  Wishing everyone Safe, Healthy, and Happy Holidays!

Best wishes,

Mitch

I'm feeling your pain Mitch. I was born in San Diego and lived there most of my life. My wife still has most of her family living there. In normal years we would have made at least 2 trips up north. I missed my 50 year college reunion at USD. We talk to them almost daily so are aware of what's happening. Stay safe and healthy and hopefully in the near future we'll be able to travel again.

• Thanks 1

I just made it to Chiapas from Chapala.. The health measures are a joke and I feel we are on our own, it is up to us  to protect oneself.

I did not have to fill out the health questionaire at the airport because no one had a pen.. then  I realized my ticked was in my married name which vivaaerobus had from a long time ago, so as I was leaving home I grabbed an old French passport  to use as a ID in case I needed to prove I was the same person as shown on my mexican ID.. Of course I grabbed an old passport by mistake so it was rejected although it was the same photo as the Mexican ID , the Mexican id with a different name than the ticket was accepted...

WHen I got to Tuxtla I had to fill out a form before leaving the airport.. I was asked "where I was from".. I asked if they wanted to know where I lived or where I was from... since I am obviously a foreigner, they said "where you are from"..I said France so the next question was " how long are you planning to be in Mexico.". Then "do you speak Spanish"... So I asked her in what language we were communicating and told her I had lived in Mexico for 20 year.. she did not look convinced but let me through... What a joke..

Chiapas is one of the green state for covid.. One reason is that not many people go to the hospital because it is believed they have no medecine and do not return the corpses. People get sick, get better or die  at home.. no overcrowding the hospital... since people do not get checked for covid because it is not that simple to get a free check up. very few people bother. 

.  No one is an exageration but very few people go.. The driver told me , he quit driving people he did not know  and people who do not wear masks because they lost 4 drivers of covid recently.. He also told me not to trust that Chiapas was green and that there was plenty of covid, it is just not reported..   

Meanwhle no one in the indigenous market wears masks and it is very crowded as usual. The andadores are crowded with few people wearing masks.. and the hotels are booked for Christmas , so more tourists will show up.. pretty scary..

If you want to travel , you are on your own and do not believe the state statistics... you are on your own no matter what the government says..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, bmh said:

I just made it to Chiapas from Chapala.. The health measures are a joke and I feel we are on our own, it is up to us  to protect oneself.

I did not have to fill out the health questionaire at the airport because no one had a pen.. then  I realized my ticked was in my married name which vivaaerobus had from a long time ago, so as I was leaving home I grabbed an old French passport  to use as a ID in case I needed to prove I was the same person as shown on my mexican ID.. Of course I grabbed an old passport by mistake so it was rejected although it was the same photo as the Mexican ID , the Mexican id with a different name than the ticket was accepted...

WHen I got to Tuxtla I had to fill out a form before leaving the airport.. I was asked "where I was from".. I asked if they wanted to know where I lived or where I was from... since I am obviously a foreigner, they said "where you are from"..I said France so the next question was " how long are you planning to be in Mexico.". Then "do you speak Spanish"... So I asked her in what language we were communicating and told her I had lived in Mexico for 20 year.. she did not look convinced but let me through... What a joke..

Chiapas is one of the green state for covid.. One reason is that not many people go to the hospital because it is believed they have no medecine and do not return the corpses. People get sick, get better or die  at home.. no overcrowding the hospital... since people do not get checked for covid because it is not that simple to get a free check up. very few people bother. 

.  No one is an exageration but very few people go.. The driver told me , he quit driving people he did not know  and people who do not wear masks because they lost 4 drivers of covid recently.. He also told me not to trust that Chiapas was green and that there was plenty of covid, it is just not reported..   

Meanwhle no one in the indigenous market wears masks and it is very crowded as usual. The andadores are crowded with few people wearing masks.. and the hotels are booked for Christmas , so more tourists will show up.. pretty scary..

If you want to travel , you are on your own and do not believe the state statistics... you are on your own no matter what the government says..

Personal responsibility would be  a virtue placed on top of an individuals list in all matters to the betterment of self and society.

6 hours ago, dcstroker said:

I'm feeling your pain Mitch. I was born in San Diego and lived there most of my life. My wife still has most of her family living there. In normal years we would have made at least 2 trips up north. I missed my 50 year college reunion at USD. We talk to them almost daily so are aware of what's happening. Stay safe and healthy and hopefully in the near future we'll be able to travel again.

Thank you..I know we will..stay well.

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Thank you....stay well!