Chapala.com Webboard

Ice cream

lakeside7

21 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Holanda has many flavors. I like the chocolate chip mint, and the black raspberry cheese.

The individual store chooses which flavors to stock.  

Superlake had other flavors when I looked yesterday. I moved on the Hagen Das freezer but no vanilla yesterday.

Notice how we can be civil when we talk ice cream LOL.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:33 PM, Upfront said:

i like nestle vanilla far better than hollandia. even has a richer color

My husband likes La Lechera vanilla. It might be made by Nestle. I like the new Magnum flavor Chocolate Raspberry. Raspberry ice cream with a dark chocolate shell.

2 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I think the Magnum ice cream bars are nor dairy either, but vegetable oil.

The Magnum raspberry chocolate ice cream is not a bar. It's a pint. I looked up the ingredients. It contains dairy.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:29 PM, WideSky said:

Isn't there a place next door to Pranzo's that sells blue bell ice cream. Think the store is called Manhattan. Never been so can't comment further.

They don't sell Blue Bell ice cream anymore. 

I  really  loved Blue Bell when they were here  .. they  had the most wonder Cherry Vanilla and Pistachio  ice cream.    They were near the Glorietta  on the Carretera                 in La Floresta. ..  think they closed a short time after Blue Bell had major cases of Listeria in many US states,  and a few deaths also in  2015 .                                                        A Federal  court in Tx  ordered Blue Bell [ main headquarters was in Texas ] to pay $17.25  million dollar  in criminal penalties connected to the Listeria  outbreak in 2015 .

5 hours ago, Kiko said:

If you are ever in the NW area of Michoacan stop in at Tocumbo, between Cotija de la Paz and Los Reyes.  Ice cream capitol of the world.  They export tons of ice cream equipment all of the world.

Is this the town where La Michoacano ice cream stores started? Read a nice story about a man starting it up and giving franchises to all the town folk.  They are one of the biggest Mexican chains.  The houses are beautiful but empty except for a particular holiday when they all return....talk about one person making a difference.

6 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

Is this the town where La Michoacano ice cream stores started? Read a nice story about a man starting it up and giving franchises to all the town folk.  They are one of the biggest Mexican chains.  The houses are beautiful but empty except for a particular holiday when they all return....talk about one person making a difference.

I am not sure if all of the La Michoacano stores came from there, possibly though.  Arturo who owns the La Michoacano neveria in Joco at the NW corner of the plaza is from Tocumbo, I will ask him.   You can't miss the town from the carretera, there is a 10 meter tall ice cream cone statue at the turn into town.  Unfortunately the past few weeks have not been kind in the corridor with lots of cartel violence stretching from Cotija de la Paz to Los Reyes.  Lots of interesting history in Cotija de la Paz also, IIRC that is the pueblo where Joselito was captured in the Cristera war.  

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 5:36 PM, Kiko said:

I am not sure if all of the La Michoacano stores came from there, possibly though.  Arturo who owns the La Michoacano neveria in Joco at the NW corner of the plaza is from Tocumbo, I will ask him.   You can't miss the town from the carretera, there is a 10 meter tall ice cream cone statue at the turn into town.  Unfortunately the past few weeks have not been kind in the corridor with lots of cartel violence stretching from Cotija de la Paz to Los Reyes.  Lots of interesting history in Cotija de la Paz also, IIRC that is the pueblo where Joselito was captured in the Cristera war.  

Drugs and ice cream. There is a chain of ice cream vendors in Canada called Dickie Dees. Those bicycle type carts. Usually driven in the summer by scruffy teenagers. People wondered how they could tolerate a low paying job, but they were actually selling $1,000's per week selling cannabis, l.s.d. etc. Of course the company did not know this.

44 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

So you produced a fantasy about DICKIEDEE[sic] in Canada based on a really old story out of New York? Has nothing to do with ice cream available here-eh! typically predictable coming from your googling efforts based on your need to change a thread-SNORK!

• Thanks 2