Chapala.com Webboard

Who is invested with O'Rourke and how is that working out for you?

Mainecoons

Agree completely with Harry....   Cesar is the best.  Appreciate the monthly email reports on the status of my investment account.

Incidentally,  I have my car insurance with them too.  Great personal service with both services - all in English.

Back in the early 1990's, When Rourke was called Lloyd, often mispronounced as Lloyds, as in Lloyds of London, interest rates payed out on bonds was typically 31%. They found a great fortune here, also starting the first NOB style real estate office, able to enforce 8% commissions. They owned the beautiful old bank building beside the Farmacia Guadalajara. The grandson knows much more, but it has not interested me. So fortunes have been made, but not lost, a stable company to deal with.

6 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Back in the early 1990's, When Rourke was called Lloyd, often mispronounced as Lloyds, as in Lloyds of London, interest rates payed out on bonds was typically 31%. They found a great fortune here, also starting the first NOB style real estate office, able to enforce 8% commissions. They owned the beautiful old bank building beside the Farmacia Guadalajara. The grandson knows much more, but it has not interested me. So fortunes have been made, but not lost, a stable company to deal with.

The sponsor of this board and the Rojas family (Century 21) were in the real estate business long before A W Lloyd got into it.

What Farmacia Guadalajara are you talking about?  After they moved to Chapala from Jocotepec, they were located about a block north of the Presidencia, back then, on the west side of the street on Madero.

Much later, they built the building in Ajijic, where Activer is now and before was the real estate office of the Russian lady, Lumila. So it is new by Ajjic standards.

• Like 1