Chapala.com Webboard

Online Order Address Form Help

FrankyOP

Hey all.  So im trying to buy an electronic online on a site similar to like mercadolibre/amazon mexico.   In the form it ask

Calle

Numbero:     Int:

Referencia:   (entres calles o puntos de referencia)

Colonia

Codigo Postal

Ciudad

Estado

I'm located in playa del carmen, not chapala.  I know in estado, there is drop down menu where I select quintana roo which is where im located now.

But what exactly am i suppose to write down for 

Numero:     Int:

Referencia:  

Colonia

Ciudad

For the calle, I put my calle number and between so and so avenue.  But for numero is that like a number and int:  is that like a three digit number for numero and int is the lote number? 

I see on my amazon mexico account, the address that i use... it has the calle and between avenue and then a number sign then three digit number in front of it and a lote number that is two digits.  So is that the correct way to write it?

For Colonia... is it Playa Del Carmen?

For Ciudad... is it Solidaridad?

Referencia... I assume like give a description?  Thus imagine the entrance is a blue gate, you write that?   But those words (entres calles o puntos de referencia) ask between what street/landmark?

Because in my amazon mexico account, my address doesn't show solidaridad... just playa del carmen twice.

I have ordered without issue using amazon mexico and mercadolibre previously but looking to get something from another site so don't want to make a mistake filling out the address.  

Thanks.

Calle: only the name not any number. It doesn't matter if is a street or ave. ? normally left out but I know PDC uses numbers on the streets and ave. so don't use a numeric but print out the street number. Ex. Calle: cuatro (four).

Numero: is the number outside the house or apartment building. INT: is the number inside the building. If it is a house forget INT:

For city it is Playa del Carmen.

For colonia it is the name of the neighborhood. Google Maps will show it if you don't know on a certain zoom level or ask a neighbor.

Referencia is the first  cross street or if it is far away or a lane etc. use the next cross street from a main street you would normally use to turn on to get home.

29 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

Calle: only the name not any number. It doesn't matter if is a street or ave. ? normally left out but I know PDC uses numbers on the streets and ave. so don't use a numeric but print out the street number. Ex. Calle: cuatro (four).

Numero: is the number outside the house or apartment building. INT: is the number inside the building. If it is a house forget INT:

For city it is Playa del Carmen.

For colonia it is the name of the neighborhood. Google Maps will show it if you don't know on a certain zoom level or ask a neighbor.

Referencia is the first  cross street or if it is far away or a lane etc. use the next cross street from a main street you would normally use to turn on to get home.

Hi thanks for the response.  So if its Calle 28, then just put Calle 28?  But don't put any between avenue?  Example like Calle 28 Entre Av 35 y 40.  Because when i order from amazon mexico, it looks like that and i received my order from amazon mexico without any issue once.  

My address on file on amazon mexico is like this... note this isn't my address but im just changing a few of the street and avenue number

Calle 28 #246 Lote 10 entre Av 35 v 40 Centro

Playa Del Carmen Centro

Playa Del Carmen, Quintana Roo 77720

Okay so the numero... its a 3 digit number.  But there is also a lote number for some reason.  Do you know what that is?  Then again... whenever amazon mexico order comes... they call my cell phone and i come outside the building to open the front gate and pick the package up.  There are more 6 apts in my building but i never put my apartment number in it since there is no point... since i always meet the person at front gate.

Well im located in centro.  That is like the center in playa del carmen.  So Centro?

Okay so playa del carmen in city.  But where does Solidaridad belong then?  So I don't use that?  I do notice on my amazon mexico address... i don't have solidaridad on it.  But i recalled a site i used that i bought something from online, i used that.  

Referencia- Well im not sure how to fill that part out the way you describe it.  So if my address is what I posted above for what I use for amazon mexico, what do you suggest i put down for referencia then?  It also doesn't seem to be required to fill that line out.  So i thought i could just write blue front gate... so would you suggest that or not?  Or do i put between which avenue it is?

Thanks.

Okay so it seems like if i just put in the Calle 28 in the street number only... then put Entre Av 35 y 40 in the Referencias.... and put #246 in the numero... then the address when displayed looks like the one i have on amazon mexico.  

So basically if i get it to look like how my address looks on amazon mexico... then its fine right?  They ship with estafeta and that is what amazon mexico uses when they come.  But would the Lote 10 be significant here?  Again i have no idea what that is... but my address on file on amazon mexico also has lote after the #246.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, FrankyOP said:

Okay so it seems like if i just put in the Calle 28 in the street number only... then put Entre Av 35 y 40 in the Referencias.... and put #246 in the numero... then the address when displayed looks like the one i have on amazon mexico.  

So basically if i get it to look like how my address looks on amazon mexico... then its fine right?  They ship with estafeta and that is what amazon mexico uses when they come.  But would the Lote 10 be significant here?  Again i have no idea what that is... but my address on file on amazon mexico also has lote after the #246.

Thanks.

Correct.

Lote # I am not familiar with. Is it semi-rural? Is it a regular city street and has the house number posted somewhere outside? If so I suppose you would leave it out so as to not cause confusion to the driver with another number that doesn't appear anywhere obvious.

Just now, AlanMexicali said:

Correct.

Lote # I am not familiar with. Is it semi-rural? If it is a regular city street and has the house number posted somewhere outside? If so I suppose you would leave it out so as to cause no confusion to the driver with another number that doesn't appear anywhere obvious.

Im not sure where the lote number comes from... but i think it showed in my electric bill a while back.  That is how i got that numero number there etc.  So a while back when i bought from amazon mexico, i put my address calle and then the numero and lot and between avenue ... centro, playa del carmen, quintana roo etc... and they arrive without an issue.  So anytime i buy off amazon mexico... i dont have an issue at all.  Im downtown... in a regular building... not rural area.

But i mean as long as it looks like my amazon mexico shipping address... then it should be fine right?  

One other thing you mean the neighborhood.  My neighbor is centro... meaning downtown.  But if you look at my amazon mexico address it has like 

Centro repeated twice... when you see Centro... then playa del carmen centro... you see playa del carmen written twice etc.

I assume that isn't necessary right for this?

Thus if it looks like this, its fine?

Calle 28 #246  

Entre Av 35 v 40

Centro

77720, Playa Del Carmen

Quintana Roo, Mexico 

Compare that to my Amazon Mexico Shipping Address which is like this

Calle 28 #246 Lote 10 entre Av 35 v 40 Centro

Playa Del Carmen Centro

Playa Del Carmen, Quintana Roo 77720

So the one I have in the post right above this... that is fine right?  I ask this because when im filling out the order form on that site... that is how my shipping address looks.  I mean i could write playa del carmen again in the third line... but i would repeat myself.  

9 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Haven't you trolled enough about this nonsense yet? Shop at stores and is there not a forum where you live that you can bother those people with blather?

The stores I been to ... do not have the monitor that I"m looking for.  I been to walmart, mega, liverpool, pcdepot... none of them have it so buying online is my only option.  Its a special type of monitor... not a regular monitor you can find at walmart etc.

Again I have bought off amazon mexico and mercadolibre before without any issue.  But this is another site which i found online which sell electronics that i never used before so i don't want to make a mistake with my order.   

If you are not going to be helpful, don't respond.

1 hour ago, FrankyOP said:

The stores I been to ... do not have the monitor that I"m looking for.  I been to walmart, mega, liverpool, pcdepot... none of them have it so buying online is my only option.  Its a special type of monitor... not a regular monitor you can find at walmart etc.

Again I have bought off amazon mexico and mercadolibre before without any issue.  But this is another site which i found online which sell electronics that i never used before so i don't want to make a mistake with my order.   

If you are not going to be helpful, don't respond.

TROLL

I am not sure why so many people are assuming that this person is a troll.  I think he or she is asking legitimate questions on how to properly fill out the address section of any Mexican online shopping site.  Sometimes I think the people on this form are just all old and grumpy and have absolutely no patience for newbies.  You guys are the reason why this forum and all forums are dying.  Why would any serious troll have questions like these?

• Confused 1

Número just means your house or building number.   Número int or interior means if you live in an appt, condo, or duplex.  Colonia is your immediate neighborhood.  Just remember that Mexican addresses are not always as clear cut and precise as what you might be used to North of the Border.  But as long as you get your city, state, street and house number correct most senior mailmen will be able to find you.

8 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

I am not sure why so many people are assuming that this person is a troll.  I think he or she is asking legitimate questions on how to properly fill out the address section of any Mexican online shopping site.  Sometimes I think the people on this form are just all old and grumpy and have absolutely no patience for newbies.  You guys are the reason why this forum and all forums are dying.  Why would any serious troll have questions like these?

I suggest that you take a look at his/her profile and you will discover a pattern of pure nonsense and carrying on and on with the same question in slightly different form even when posters were kind enough to give the TROLL an answer which the troll totally ignored and carried on in the same vein. But if you have nothing better to do, fall  for his schtick to your hearts content-SNORK! and a HEEHAW!

pedro kertesz

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Upfront said:

since you insist on refusing to educat yourself i will do it for you

does that look like what this is to you?

Usually,  "educated" people know how to spell, or at least use spell check, not to mention know how to use upper and lower case letters.  If people can cut and paste, like the definition of Trolling posted above, it can't be that hard to learn to turn on spell check and start sentences with capital letters.

If people think it is trolling, don't reply, ignore the post. 

As usual, this is all off topic including my reply.    Just my two centavos...  

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

screw you. i have told you people before i have terible arthritis. holding shift is almost impsible. there is no SPELLCHECK on my thing. thats okay. keep on being better than me

I remember you saying you have bad arthritis in your hands so nobody should attack you for your typing. Spellcheque[snork!] is phoney baloney anyhow because it's not the Queen's English. Good for you for not using it!

13 hours ago, Upfront said:

since you insist on refusing to educat yourself i will do it for you

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

does that look like what this is to you?

Well you certainly fit the definition perfectly, so I can see why you are in the know about trolls.

I just gave you the green light to tell me "screw you" and all the other insults you will be forthcoming with.  😀😀😀

HAVE FUN!!!

• Haha 2

Upfront, I am sorry about my comments about using upper and lower case letters.  I did not know about your challenges due to arthritis.  I am legally disabled and have been for 23 years so I completely understand physical limitations.  Regarding spell check - I had to search according to the brand of equipment for how to activate it on 2 of our devices.  I was given the choice of approximately 50 different languages.  There were at least 3 choices for English.  English Canada, English U.S. and, English U.K.    If you don't want to use spell check, that certainly is your decision.