Chapala.com Webboard

Think about it.

rafterbr

The OP has not mentioned anything that comes close to conspiracy theories.  Yes, maybe if he or she had posted this a year ago or so, and said this is how 2020 would turn out, you could call it a conspiracy theory.  But he or she is just bringing up the things that are being discussed daily in our main stream media.  Like it not, its the crazy world we live in today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Why not just skip over things that don't interest you instead of trying to dictate what is and isn't allowed to be discussed here between adults?

How can you "skip over things that don't interest you" without reading to see if it interests you? Another favorite peeve here is regarding topic headlines that don't don't give a clue as to what it is about such as the one you are reading: Think about it (???). Others as inane recently: Share if you choose...Extreme emergency...Just for your info. Please just give us a clue!!! This is only one of the reasons that I stay away from all Social Media like it is the black plague since I am absolutely convinced that it is taking humanity off the cliff!!! 

20 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

How can you "skip over things that don't interest you" without reading to see if it interests you?

Okay, so you take a quick look, it doesn't interest you, you move on. We do that all the time in life- pick up a book, read a few pages, decide you aren't interested, or it's not about what you thought it would be about, or you don't like the writing style, whatever. Go check out some new restaurant, take a look at their menu and find there isn't anything that appeals to you, so carry on down the block. 

But I do agree with you about those click-bait topic headers. When someone just titles the thread "Help" without indicating what they need help with, it's silly because only some posters would be knowledgeable about the thing they needed help with. I don't know why people do that. Seems like you'd want to be as clear as possible from the outset.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Maybe watch an old sci fi movie that shows that in fact that fiction can make reality make us seem pretty lucky. My recommended bad movie is "Zardoz" And Virgo Lady, it stars a young Sean Connery wearing thigh high leather boots, skimpy shorts, a ponytail and mustache.

I agree one of my favorite movies. Use to have a film poster of it til it got ripped off.  I will admit many folks don't get it and I have stopped showing it to people unless they like strange movies.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, virgo lady said:

Mods please close this "foil hat" thread, it isn't a lakeside topic even if it was sane or intelligent.

If you are a "Mod Wannabe" send your resume to the Admin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1