Chapala.com Webboard

FLU SHOTS: S.A.T. hospital

gringal

49 minutes ago, gringal said:

I just returned from going to the S.A.T. hospital, where I was informed that they are out of flu shots and don't expect to get more until "sometime in January".

Dr. Garcia had some yesterday Strain-4.  While his office is within SAT you may want to phone his staff direct 376 765 7697 or 376 765-4805  His flu shots are handled in the adjunct building to the West of the main doors.  

I am not sure if by SAT you meant you went to Dr. Garcia's office or not.

15 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

The government clinics have the three strain shot.  The private hospitals/clinics are waiting for the four strain version.  Three is better than nothing I am sure.

The forth is for a strain that can be found in the US, BFD! Even in the US the CDC makes no recommendation what to get.

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

After being told they are out of all flu shots at the hospital's main reception desk, I asked the same question at the Quality Care reception while making an appt. for seeing my doctor.  Same answer there.  So...depending on caution and ...LUCK.

Dr. Garcia is not part of QC.  

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Dr. Garcia is not part of QC.  

It would have been helpful to have known that when I last posted.  So, is he a private physician and does he have the shots currently?  I ask because my personal physician, Dr. Jessica Flores, does not expect to have them until January.

38 minutes ago, gringal said:

It would have been helpful to have known that when I last posted.  So, is he a private physician and does he have the shots currently?  I ask because my personal physician, Dr. Jessica Flores, does not expect to have them until January.

No idea if Dr. Garcia has any flu vaccine currently.  His office called us yesterday to say they had it;  we were on his waiting list.  Other doctors also have waiting lists; you may want to get on one of the lists (or more).   

According to this article, private doctors procure their Strain-4 supply thru different distributors, which explains why some have/had a supply and others do not.    https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/concern-over-lack-of-influenza-vaccine/

All of which makes me wonder how in the world Mexico is going to get the Covid-19 vaccine out when they don't even seem to be able to administer the flu one very well.

This is not meant to be a slam but just a wonderment. The Covid vac has such stringent refrigeration requirements and like someone said 'they can't even keep ice cream from melting'.🥵

4 minutes ago, RickS said:

All of which makes me wonder how in the world Mexico is going to get the Covid-19 vaccine out when they don't even seem to be able to administer the flu one very well.

This is not meant to be a slam but just a wonderment. The Covid vac has such stringent refrigeration requirements and like someone said 'they can't even keep ice cream from melting'.🥵

As I mentioned earlier, best of left to Wal-Mart who are better experience to handle the logistics, then have space set aside with medical staff to administer the shot

41 minutes ago, RickS said:

...when they don't even seem to be able to administer the flu one very well.

Well, I invested ten minutes of walking and ten of waiting before I was given the shot at Chapala's Central Salud. The only thing I see is a failure of the private sector distributing a NOB vaccine.

8 hours ago, gringal said:

Talk to Judith in the Clinic (the old Maskaras) on the west side of the Hospital, not the Hospital reception area.

11 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Talk to Judith in the Clinic (the old Maskaras) on the west side of the Hospital, not the Hospital reception area.

Could you be a little more helpful here?  Neither the reception desk nor the Quality Care office suggested that anyone had the shots available, so what would Judith tell me that was different?  Have you talked to her since two days ago and received new information from her?

22 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Dr. Garcia had some yesterday Strain-4.  While his office is within SAT you may want to phone his staff direct 376 765 7697 or 376 765-4805  His flu shots are handled in the adjunct building to the West of the main doors.  

19 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

No idea if Dr. Garcia has any flu vaccine currently.  His office called us yesterday to say they had it;  we were on his waiting list.  Other doctors also have waiting lists; you may want to get on one of the lists (or more).   

According to this article, private doctors procure their Strain-4 supply thru different distributors, which explains why some have/had a supply and others do not.    https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/concern-over-lack-of-influenza-vaccine/

Gringal, all the info you need is in these posts.  The area I am referring to is the same as what @slainte39 refers to.  Private doctors have different supply chains.....that is why you need to call different ones to see what they have now, whether they expect more and if they have a waiting list.  

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, gringal said:

Could you be a little more helpful here?  Neither the reception desk nor the Quality Care office suggested that anyone had the shots available, so what would Judith tell me that was different?  Have you talked to her since two days ago and received new information from her?

Bisbee Gal has given you all the correct information.  Quality Care and the SA Hospital do not have anything to do with the Maskaras staff on the west side so they wouldn´t know about their availability. I think regular patients of Dr. Garcia might still be able to get the flu shots if you are under some kind of treatment.

I go there twice a week for shots (not flu) and Judith works for Dr. Garcia, just like she did at the old Maskaras Clinic in Riberas,  not Quality Care and not the SA Hospital. So that is why Judith could tell you something different.

3 hours ago, RickS said:

I can see why this 'place' is confusing. It's called the SA Hospital (by those not in the know I guess) but really it is a 'Medical Complex'.  I suggest a new name... Lake Chapala Medical Society at San Antonio Tlayacapan.   😁

Nothing confusing to me.       Rick, it is called SA HOSPITAL because that is the name in big letters on the front of the part of the  building that is the hospital. Quality care has their area and Maskaras has their area.  All you need is three fingers or ask someone.   😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1