Chapala.com Webboard

I've been watching the development of the lot behind Farmacia Guadalajara and ran into the owner.  He's a nice Mexican young man who is interested in keeping I'll keeping a clean Kosher kitchen and using organic ingredients as much as possible. He bakes his own breads and bagels and has free trade coffees. Best thing, he's planning on opening at 8am and he's in my neighborhood!  It's a beautiful clean and cozy place. He said he'll be opening this week, either Wednesday or Thursday.....I'll keep ya posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went by yesterday to wish Naz and the gang todo la suerte on their opening. The place looked beautiful and the fresh breads and pastries enticing.... I bought a bagel and a cinnamon bun. Wow. Best bagel I've had here yet, and I'm originally from NJ, so I've been eating them since I was a kid. The proper chewy crust and tender inside, a real treat.  The cinnamon bun at first looked hard and dry, but no, the outside is crispy layers that melt in your mouth and the interior cake-like with a touch of orange with the spice. I will be buying more and will try their artisan bread as well. Can't wait to try their free trade coffees...

Guadalupe Victoria #35, Ajijic, behind Farmacia Guadalajara

• Thanks 1

I went there this morning , the bagels just came out of oven made the perfect Jewish wayg l grew up with, the Cardamon muffin was outstanding,, l ordered a selection of sandwiches to try out, they are going to deliver seeing l am only a block away..l will put review of them tomorrow...great coffee too, they have tables so you can sit inside, with big windows open

• Like 3

I've been a few times, and have tried a number of items. They make a pastry that they call cardamom...but it is a very faint hint. It is similar to their cinnamon rolls (which have no icing, just sugar on top) and both are sufficient to serve two people--generously. It's great with coffee. Their bagels are very good also!  Really nice young people!

I have been getting their outstanding sandwiches, the lox and bagel is the best l have had anywhere,lots of salmon, this week l tried croissant stuffed with ham, very good, in my three weeks of going there l have never had anything to complain about, try the frenchtoust with apple sauce and fruit, very unusual and tasty...