Chapala.com Webboard

Christmas Dinner

Zeb

Zeb, just remember that the Municipio de Chapala has experienced about 14 deaths from Covid in the past 12 months.  Things are getting pretty scary and dangerous.  You should probably not even leave your house this season.  And if you read this you should probably even disenfect your computer screen to be extra safe.  Its a scary world we all live in now.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Zeb, just remember that the Municipio de Chapala has experienced about 14 deaths from Covid in the past 12 months.  Things are getting pretty scary and dangerous.  You should probably not even leave your house this season.  And if you read this you should probably even disenfect your computer screen to be extra safe.  Its a scary world we all live in now.

I heard it was 40 deaths.  Ajijic alone had more than 10 several weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Go to Cocinart, Zeb.  High quality and high value for money.  But reserve early as they usually sell out fast.

58 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

You only live once (born again Christian may contradict me), so I have never changed my life style for this virus other then to wear a face mask, social distance and wash my hands. ☺️ (and I have no preexisting conditions that I know of) 

Your  preexisting condition was youth which is probably no longer with you.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Daisy, I seriously have no idea where you got 40 deaths.  The official death count from the government is showing 18 as of today, a couple days ago it showed 15. And that is for 12 months.  Remember it is widely believed that Covid was around since the middle of December of last year.

Putting it another way, that's about a 0.04% death rate after nearly a year and most of the cases reported had complicating conditions of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Go out and enjoy your Christmas dinner.  

• Like 2

There will be adds in the Guadalajara Reporter the week before Christmas reporting which restaurants are doing Xmas dinner and take away.

9 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Putting it another way, that's about a 0.04% death rate after nearly a year and most of the cases reported had complicating conditions of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Go out and enjoy your Christmas dinner.  

Keep in mind that according to recent studies, up to 30% of those who contracted COVID are reporting long term health issues. The virus causes new complications that can affect the entire body—severe fatigue, cognitive issues and memory lapses, digestive problems, erratic heart rates, headaches, dizziness, fluctuating blood pressure, even hair loss for months after. Deaths are only one part of the equation.

Long term effects

• Thanks 2

I have been informed by the Delegado and Expat Liaison of FOUR deaths which are each a great loss. Someone may have added a zero for effect like usual.

If you are looking for Christmas dinner safely out or delivered to your door , perhaps you should check the restaurant section of this board?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Keep in mind that according to recent studies, up to 30% of those who contracted COVID are reporting long term health issues. The virus causes new complications that can affect the entire body—severe fatigue, cognitive issues and memory lapses, digestive problems, erratic heart rates, headaches, dizziness, fluctuating blood pressure, even hair loss for months after. Deaths are only one part of the equation.

Long term effects

Highly biased source.  See if you can come up with something more credible.

For example:

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/news/2020/looking-forward-understanding-long-term-effects-covid-19

I reviewed the current literature on this and the consensus seems to be after effect prevalence and actual source is not well known but seems more prevalence in those who get covid more severely.  And we already know that statistically speaking those who get it the worst have a high level of contributing causes such as age, diabetes, obesity, asthma, etc.  

Some similar long term effects have been previously reported for the flu.  Unfortunately overall the flu has not been studied to anything near the degree of covid.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/flu-long-term-effects

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

I have been informed by the Delegado and Expat Liaison of FOUR deaths which are each a great loss. Someone may have added a zero for effect like usual.

If you are looking for Christmas dinner safely out or delivered to your door , perhaps you should check the restaurant section of this board?

No it is not four, the mexican community knows. The expat  liason wants the expats to feel safe, the mexican  community has many neighbors and friends that have died because of Covid-19.  San Antonio also has many death because of Covid-19   I rather know the truth than believe it is not here and we are all safe.

• Thanks 1

Current federal stats for the municipio of Chapala

December 5 

Total confirmed cases for 2020 = 135 

Awaiting results of test: 34, Active cases: 10,  Deaths: 19

There are many unverified reports.  They may or may not be true, but all deaths are reported to the secretary of health. So unless the families are burying them in the back yard the deaths are in the count.

Both Federal and Jalisco are reporting the same numbers of deaths for Chapala.  19 

Also deaths are not reported by colonia in Chapala, so it is impossible to verify where they deceased lived. 

A Chapala 12-5.JPG

On 12/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, Zeb said:

My question is asking for a restaurant suggestion, not on whether or not I should go out. If you have no suggestion, no need to reply.

To answer your question:  Gosha's had a nice Thanksgiving dinner which we attended.  A reasonable price at around $350 pesos, which included soup and dessert.  Varied bar menu available.  Good distancing of tables and all employees masked.  I haven't inquired about Christmas as yet, however, so don't know if they plan to be open.  Telephone: 376 766 2121. Gmail: polmexcan@aol.com