Chapala.com Webboard

Fogon de Charlotte

Tingting

2 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Yes, Carlos and Lori were caring and doting parents to Charlotte. A bright little star all her life, and a star whose love will bind the family back together again.

Lots of rumors as to what happened here. The one gaining traction with me, popular with the local taxi drivers, that this senseless death was not about drugs, or extortion, but rather a local drug dealer having a hissy fit/mental breakdown over basically nothing that couldn't have been easily and calmly resolved. Sort of like an Al Pacino moment in "Scarface". This guy WILL be caught. Unless he is reassigned to the cartel's Afghanistan office.

Why spread a rumor?  To show your popularity with the local taxistas?  Trying to boost your ego after that other thread where you talked non-stop about the medical condition of your baby carrot?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

No, to reinforce a couple of other posts in this thread warning not to attract the interest of Mexican cartels. These people are not "legitimate businessmen" of mafia type fame, but many are outright, sadistic killers. To reinforce that this was a totally senseless crime, in an atmosphere where many seem to seek reasons to fault a victim.

And posts about baby carrots belong in the "cochina" forum.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

No, to reinforce a couple of other posts in this thread warning not to attract the interest of Mexican cartels. These people are not "legitimate businessmen" of mafia type fame, but many are outright, sadistic killers.

And posts about baby carrots belong in the "cochina" forum.

This is the "cocina" forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I am responding to myself here since I do not how to react to the 2 SAD emoji’s that were added to my above post. First, I have to admit that I am not into social media at all so I did not even see these at first, moreover I do not understand why people have to use a cartoon in place of a simple English language response that adds relevance and details to their frowns. I was responding to a post on this sad thread by rafterbr who said among other things "Mexico is a wrong example of most civilized nations" and "The USA would be a bad example but I think Canada is much better and I know Australia is." Frankly as a long time Residencia Permanente here and also a US Citizen I was offended by this...thus the post. Maybe this was the wrong place to vent since this thread was very personal to me. I knew both Carlos and Lori since they were running the Lake Taco years ago when it was my fish and chips go to place. When they opened their own restaurant just around the corner this became a favorite place for me and I think I was the first a place a rave review here. I did not know Carlos well but Lori, as the front person, was great! I cannot even imagine what she is going through and hope that she and their restaurant namesake daughter Charlotte will be able to get through this traumatizing event and know that all of us expats here are thinking about them.     

Nice thoughts on Carlos and his family.  I have decided you are only half an axx hxxx.  I did not know the family well but appreciated there restaurant.  As a long time owner of restaurants I know how hard they worked and to have all this taken away from them is unimaginable.   I truly feel great sorrow for them and pray for their recovery.  My Mexican daughter-in-law and her husband are presently chef's in Germany.  Thought's had been made to open a restaurant in Chapala.  These thoughts are now gone. I love my Mexican wife and Mexico but plans to build another casa are now on hold.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Nice thoughts on Carlos and his family.  I have decided you are only half an axx hxxx.  I did not know the family well but appreciated there restaurant.  As a long time owner of restaurants I know how hard they worked and to have all this taken away from them is unimaginable.   I truly feel great sorrow for them and pray for their recovery.  My Mexican daughter-in-law and her husband are presently chef's in Germany.  Thought's had been made to open a restaurant in Chapala.  These thoughts are now gone. I love my Mexican wife and Mexico but plans to build another casa are now on hold.

If every horrendous major negative including that which effects personally stopped everybody from carrying on , nothing would ever get accomplished and fortunately that has not happened on this planet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

If every horrendous major negative including that which effects personally stopped everybody from carrying on , nothing would ever get accomplished and fortunately that has not happened on this planet.

There are a great many oasises of peace and tranquility all over the world. They are not difficult to find, it is just what you have to give up to live there. The obvious is the need to make a living. The internet has busted open many doors of opportunity though.

What is the crime rate in Stettler, Alberta? Which gang claims Pincer Creek as thiers alone?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Apparently some people can't get past a narrow focus and don't comprehend what I said here regarding how the world would turn if everybody stopped doing what they're doing because a bad thing happened. Do I need to put forth an example like if the Japanese quite after the bomb would they be what they are today? Right gary chillin?

pedro kertesz

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 3:36 PM, ChapalaDan said:

El Fagon de Charlotte was our favorite restaurant. We knew Carlos, Lori and Charlotte personally. I was absolutely stunned when I heard the news today. The Lakeside has lost its innocence and we can no longer say, THAT does not happen here. 

Totally agree. We have lived here for almost 12 years and Lakeside has lost its sparkle for us after this. We knew Carlos and Lori and beautiful Charlotte very well and we are sick about this.

The other board has a story published today about an arrest made yesterday.....

13 minutes ago, Guiness said:

Totally agree. We have lived here for almost 12 years and Lakeside has lost its sparkle for us after this. We knew Carlos and Lori and beautiful Charlotte very well and we are sick about this.

The other board has a story published today about an arrest made yesterday.....

The story is about 2 persons arrested in response to a complaint by a man in Chapala who said they took his pickup truck as part of an extortion plot.  The 2 persons arrested had that man's truck in their possession when they were arrested.  Nothing in the story about the incident at El Fogón.  

On 12/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, rafterbr said:

happyjillin said "It's  no different than any other place populated by humans".  This is totally wrong, there are many places and countries in this world where the humans act and are civilized.  I have lived in and visited several.  Mexico is a wrong example of most civilized nations.  In most countries the cartels could not exist.  Here I don't know how the country will ever get rid of them.  It was much better when there was only two or three big cartels. The USA would be a bad example But I think Canada is much better and I know Australia is.

Dream on Macbeth

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The story is about 2 persons arrested in response to a complaint by a man in Chapala who said they took his pickup truck as part of an extortion plot.  The 2 persons arrested had that man's truck in their possession when they were arrested.  Nothing in the story about the incident at El Fogón.  

That is correct, no proven connection to the El Fogon murder.

Murder can happen anywhere, where is the place where you can get a guarantee of it not happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

New sign saying open posted in January. Has the same name. 

Looks like it is open...passing by a few days ago saw diners there. So sorry for what happened there and sure hope that Lorri and Charlotte are doing better. I will be going there shortly since the food is great but more importantly to show support and that the bad guys cannot win!!! 

• Like 1