Chapala.com Webboard

Fogon de Charlotte

Tingting

I simply want to say how sorry I am to have heard/read of the loss of the owner of Fogon de Charlotte due to unnatural causes (all I'm allowed to say on this board). He and his wife were quite industrious and had built up quite a clientele in the ex-pat community. My sincere condolences to the entire family.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

El Fagon de Charlotte was our favorite restaurant. We knew Carlos, Lori and Charlotte personally. I was absolutely stunned when I heard the news today. The Lakeside has lost its innocence and we can no longer say, THAT does not happen here. 

• Tingting changed the title to Fogon de Charlotte
18 hours ago, ChapalaDan said:

El Fagon de Charlotte was our favorite restaurant. We knew Carlos, Lori and Charlotte personally. I was absolutely stunned when I heard the news today. The Lakeside has lost its innocence and we can no longer say, THAT does not happen here. 

It is clear with a statement like that that you have not been here very long or if you have been, you have thoroughly sheltered yourself from reality.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

It is clear with a statement like that that you have not been here very long or if you have been, you have thoroughly sheltered yourself from reality.

It happens everywhere including here.  This is sad but true.  We've had our share of killings for all purposes including but not limited to drugs and I expect we will continue to do so.  But Chicago we aren't.

Thans to Tingting for this well written expression of sympathy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Upfront said:

El Fogón de Charlotte.

105290731_1353041228234823_1681498261467

wow. the spelling and grammar police strike again. further diluting a decent thread into personal p***ing contest. you people are absoltely hopeless.

i feel terribly sorry for the family if they ever read this. my heart goes out to them. this was a terrible terrible nasty and cruel thing

And yet you pour more fuel on the fire by telling all......."Look here!! Look here!!"

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

hardly. i cant help it if the quote includes a giant bilious ad. that was not my intent. but look. now you have done it too.

But I wasn´t protesting the "correctors", so don´t include me in your club.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Too bad, so sad, me vale.

I wasn´t addressing you or your post.  Check the post´s author that I commented on.

On 12/2/2020 at 3:36 PM, ChapalaDan said:

The Lakeside has lost its innocence and we can no longer say, THAT does not happen here. 

This part of his post has nothing to do with sympathy for the family. The person has a great lack of the lay of the land where he lives. There is a lot going on and has been going on around here and saying there was innocence being lost with this incident is rather unobservant. It's no different than any other place populated by humans.

46 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Boy are you wrong!

8 hours ago, happyjillin said:

This part of his post has nothing to do with sympathy for the family. The person has a great lack of the lay of the land where he lives. There is a lot going on and has been going on around here and saying there was innocence being lost with this incident is rather unobservant. It's no different than any other place populated by humans.

I don't usually agree with you jillin but you are correct this time.  This area lost it's innocence a long time ago.  Remember the young people cut up with chain saws by the cartel in 2012 . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

happyjillin said "It's  no different than any other place populated by humans".  This is totally wrong, there are many places and countries in this world where the humans act and are civilized.  I have lived in and visited several.  Mexico is a wrong example of most civilized nations.  In most countries the cartels could not exist.  Here I don't know how the country will ever get rid of them.  It was much better when there was only two or three big cartels. The USA would be a bad example But I think Canada is much better and I know Australia is.

4 hours ago, rafterbr said:

happyjillin said "It's  no different than any other place populated by humans".  This is totally wrong, there are many places and countries in this world where the humans act and are civilized.  I have lived in and visited several.  Mexico is a wrong example of most civilized nations.  In most countries the cartels could not exist.  Here I don't know how the country will ever get rid of them.  It was much better when there was only two or three big cartels. The USA would be a bad example But I think Canada is much better and I know Australia is.

Hasta la vista baby!!! Don't let the door slam you, you know where!!!

• Sad 6

37 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Bragging about your business can easily get the plaza offer made to you. Pizzing off people can accelerate that happening.

My sympathies to the family. A horrible event by any standards.

It doesn't matter what you call the organization in ANY country, they all fall under the umbrella of "Organized Crime"... mafia, gangs, triads, cartels etc. These organizations prey on other human beings for the sole purpose of lining their own pockets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime

• Like 4

22 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I am responding to myself here since I do not how to react to the 2 SAD emoji’s that were added to my above post. First, I have to admit that I am not into social media at all so I did not even see these at first, moreover I do not understand why people have to use a cartoon in place of a simple English language response that adds relevance and details to their frowns. I was responding to a post on this sad thread by rafterbr who said among other things "Mexico is a wrong example of most civilized nations" and "The USA would be a bad example but I think Canada is much better and I know Australia is." Frankly as a long time Residencia Permanente here and also a US Citizen I was offended by this...thus the post. Maybe this was the wrong place to vent since this thread was very personal to me. I knew both Carlos and Lori since they were running the Lake Taco years ago when it was my fish and chips go to place. When they opened their own restaurant just around the corner this became a favorite place for me and I think I was the first a place a rave review here. I did not know Carlos well but Lori, as the front person, was great! I cannot even imagine what she is going through and hope that she and their restaurant namesake daughter Charlotte will be able to get through this traumatizing event and know that all of us expats here are thinking about them.     

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yes, Carlos and Lori were caring and doting parents to Charlotte. A bright little star all her life, and a star whose love will bind the family back together again.

Lots of rumors as to what happened here. The one gaining traction with me, popular with the local taxi drivers, that this senseless death was not about drugs, or extortion, but rather a local drug dealer having a hissy fit/mental breakdown over basically nothing that couldn't have been easily and calmly resolved. Sort of like an Al Pacino moment in "Scarface". This guy WILL be caught. Unless he is reassigned to the cartel's Afghanistan office.