Chapala.com Webboard

Pueblo Magico Again?

Mainecoons

2 hours ago, #HarryB said:

It amazes me that persons who repeatedly express hatred of Ajijic spread false rumors about the community. No trees have been removed, are being removed or will be removed during the construction work. i just spoke to Juan Ramon Flores Delegado as the source for this information!

Good news Harry, thanks.  You do understand some of us might be a little nervous after the way the Chapala government messed up the Chapala plaza.  

It amazes me that persons who repeatedly express hatred of Ajijic spread false rumors about the community. No trees have been removed, are being removed or will be removed during the construction work. i just spoke to Juan Ramon Flores Delegado as the source for this information!

Do you really believe that-jaja! When the now sterile Chapala Plaza was in the throes of being done including the removal of one whole plant and tree garden out front to make a mostly open space that's hardly ever used for anything, and all of a sudden the midnight tree removal happened, it was announced after the fact, that those needed to be replace by a less destructive tree. Looks like that may or may not happen in the next century. It's been a while already sorta like the trees Walmart promised to plant

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

The topic was re the Pueblo Magico of Ajijic . When did the topic transfer to the Chapala Plaza for which I have no comment nor information?

Oh but you were specifically posting about the Ajijic Plaza and how you were told that nothing was going to happen with any trees. Do you have access to an architectural plan of what's in store for the AJIJIC plaza? Unfortunately even such a document will probably not back up your speculation based on one low ranking politician's word-eh! In any event, the Municipio of chapala of which the village of Ajijic is a part of, is governed by the council that sits in the city of Chapala,so what happens and how it happens in one plaza in this municipio is quite relevant. Politics 101.

At the same event as the announcement of Magico status, Moy announced that they will build una capilla de velación in Ajijic.  I had to research that term.  It is a visitation chapel.  It will be behind El Torito.  Here is text from announcement  (and a google translation).  I can see the need for this as the average family home here is quite small and the funeral visitation is often on folding chairs set out in the street, no matter the weather.  

En el mismo evento, el Presidente Municipal de Chapala, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, anunció el arranque de la construcción de una capilla de velación que demandaban los ciudadanos de Ajijic desde hace varios años.
La capilla de velación se construirá en un predio de 175 metros cuadrados, ubicado en la calle Guadalupe Victoria, al cruce con Juan Álvarez –atrás del supermercado El Torito-, con una inversión de 2 millones 314 mil pesos.

At the same event, the Municipal President of Chapala, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, announced the start of the construction of a vigil chapel demanded by the citizens of Ajijic for several years.
The vigil chapel will be built on an area of 175 square meters, located on Guadalupe Victoria Street, at the junction with Juan Álvarez –behind the El Torito supermarket-, with an investment of 2 million 314 thousand pesos.

19 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

At the same event as the announcement of Magico status, Moy announced that they will build una capilla de velación in Ajijic.  I had to research that term.  It is a visitation chapel.  It will be behind El Torito.  Here is text from announcement  (and a google translation).  I can see the need for this as the average family home here is quite small and the funeral visitation is often on folding chairs set out in the street, no matter the weather.  

En el mismo evento, el Presidente Municipal de Chapala, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, anunció el arranque de la construcción de una capilla de velación que demandaban los ciudadanos de Ajijic desde hace varios años.
La capilla de velación se construirá en un predio de 175 metros cuadrados, ubicado en la calle Guadalupe Victoria, al cruce con Juan Álvarez –atrás del supermercado El Torito-, con una inversión de 2 millones 314 mil pesos.

At the same event, the Municipal President of Chapala, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, announced the start of the construction of a vigil chapel demanded by the citizens of Ajijic for several years.
The vigil chapel will be built on an area of 175 square meters, located on Guadalupe Victoria Street, at the junction with Juan Álvarez –behind the El Torito supermarket-, with an investment of 2 million 314 thousand pesos.

I'm assuming this will be on that small lot next to the water tower.  That has been blighted ever since we moved here and apparently a lot longer.

Now do something about that blight on the pier.

Chapala does own a small lot on the SW corner of the water tower circle behind Plaza Bouganvillias. That would be the presumed location of the anticipated chapel.

By the way, I would take the word of the "low level politician" Ajijic Delegado Juan Ramon Flores over the blowhard of Chapala any day!

2 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

Chapala does own a small lot on the SW corner of the water tower circle behind Plaza Bouganvillias. That would be the presumed location of the anticipated chapel.

By the way, I would take the word of the "low level politician" Ajijic Delegado Juan Ramon Flores over the blowhard of Chapala any day!

Are you calling the top level politician,el Presidente of the entire municipio a blowhard for making the same promises about the Chapala Mercado which obviously never happened?

5 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

Given the dismal condition of the streets and sidewalks in Ajijic I really have to wonder about the priorities in using tax money to build a religious edifice.  But I guess there's no skim money to be made fixing pot holes.  That lot is an eyesore but could be sold for a more productive use IMO.

12 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Given the dismal condition of the streets and sidewalks in Ajijic I really have to wonder about the priorities in using tax money to build a religious edifice.  But I guess there's no skim money to be made fixing pot holes.  That lot is an eyesore but could be sold for a more productive use IMO.

The feds are the money bags so the municipio builds what they dictate.

22 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Aren't sidewalks the property owner's responsibility (not the municipio)?

If so why was the municipio installing handicap ramps in them?  I doubt anyone would object if they fixed some sidewalks around here.  They have put new sidewalks in Chapala with all of that street rebuilding going on there.  Also they installed some new sidewalks in San Antonio.  Are they only the responsibility of the property owners in Ajijic?  

Pedro I seriously doubt the Feds told Chapala to put a church on that corner.  Let us know if you have proof to the contrary.

13 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

If so why was the municipio installing handicap ramps in them?  I doubt anyone would object if they fixed some sidewalks around here.  They have put new sidewalks in Chapala with all of that street rebuilding going on there.

Pedro I seriously doubt the Feds told Chapala to put a church on that corner.  Let us know if you have proof to the contrary.

It's not a church.  It is a place for visitations after the death of a loved one, more like a funeral home.  Evidently locals have been requesting this for years.  Most locals do not have enough space in their homes to accomodate guests during bereavements and they have to set up folding chairs in the street, no matter the weather.  

The land was owned by SIMAPA.  Here is a translated story about the project.  And this quote from Moy,

"It is a central land, it is practically within the population, where many of the people who watch over their relatives on the street, will now be able to do so in a dignified and decorous way, as they deserve," added the mayor, noting which is a legitimate request of the population."

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://paginaquesiselee.com/contenido/ultimas-noticias/item/1772-aprueban-donacion-de-un-predio-para-capilla-de-velacion-en-ajijic&prev=search&pto=aue

• Thanks 2

The handicap ramps in Ajijic were installed by me, Hector, and a few donors, not the municipality. We also fixed a few sidewalks for mexicans too old and poor to fix them their selves. I have suggested to Delegado Juan Ramon that dayglo paint be sprayed on broken sidewalks as a notice to owners to get them fixed, to be followed by a letter. This would also serve to protect the walking public. I saw this recently in Naples FL.

Religious sites qualify as tourist attractions, qualifying for fed. tourist money ex. Chapala Jesus Pescador and Joco south side cross. 

The handicap ramps in Ajijic were installed by me, Hector, and a few donors, not the municipality. We also fixed a few sidewalks for mexicans too old and poor to fix them their selves. I have suggested to Delegado Juan Ramon that dayglo paint be sprayed on broken sidewalks as a notice to owners to get them fixed, to be followed by a letter. This would also serve to protect the walking public. I saw this recently in Naples FL.

Religious sites qualify as tourist attractions, qualifying for fed. tourist money ex. Chapala Jesus Pescador and Joco south side cross. 

If they can build sidewalks in Chapala and San Antonio, why not here?

On 11/28/2020 at 5:50 PM, Mainecoons said:

Anyone heard about this?  Two postings on Ajijic News Facebook Page by a Kristina Morgan Meadows:

From Friends of Ajijic, this December 1st Ajijic will officially be named a Pueblo Magico. There are many doubts about it and here we will be sharing the progress and information of the process.
Ajijic our beloved people deserve that together we take a challenge that begins working together without partisan flags but with the shield that represents our delegation.
Let's take a big step together, I invite you to inform us so we can really comment on it and not get carried away by what someone told us, what do you think if we better learn first and get all the doubts we have?
With great pleasure we seek the answers, the idea is to look for the positive side and find a way for our people and our people to benefit and only together will we make it!
Because together it's better!

--------------------------------

Pueblos Magic of Jalisco: WELCOME to AJIJIC!
Next Magical town of Jalisco!
During a tour of the southeast region of Jalisco, Governor Enrique Alfaro Ramírez announced that in the coming days, Ajijic will be named a Pueblo Magico or Magic Town to generate more opportunities for trade, development and tourism in the municipality.
The Governor announced the rehabilitation of schools, health centers and the cultural center of Ajijic, in order to make it "one of the most beautiful places in Jalisco."
Congratulations Ajijic!

When does Mexico observe their version of April Fools Day?

asking for a friend....

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, fordtruckman said:

When does Mexico observe their version of April Fools Day?

asking for a friend....

Tell the friend:

In Mexico as in all Latin countries people play jokes and pranks to trick friends and family  every December 28, which is similar to April Fool’s Day. The media also get involved by reporting news that is false, all in good fun.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Tell the friend:

In Mexico as in all Latin countries people play jokes and pranks to trick friends and family  every December 28, which is similar to April Fool’s Day. The media also get involved by reporting news that is false, all in good fun.

Whoops somebody jumped the gun by a whole month-jaja!

• Haha 1

While there has been no federal funding for 2 years, this article says Jalisco has given money to Pueblo Mágicos  (google translate, use your imagination). 

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/prensa/noticias/117188

“In the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, the official announcement that we have a new Magic Town in Jalisco is good news for the economic reactivation, not only in Ajijic, but for all the municipalities on the shore of Lake Chapala , the largest in Mexico. This appointment motivates us to continue working with greater force to make tourism a trigger for economic development for Jalisco and the country, "said the head of the agency," said the head of the agency.

Despite the fact that the federal program of Magical Towns has not had resources from the federal government in 2019 and 2020, the Government of Jalisco, through Secturjal, has allocated 36 million pesos in the same period.

With this appointment, Jalisco endorses its leadership as a tourist power in Mexico, and its commitment to continue promoting rural tourism, which is one of the strengths of the state.

Among the documentation requested by the federal Sectur to seek an appointment is inventory updates, tourism service providers, municipal issues such as health and environmental safety, security and comprehensive protection of tourists, integration of value chains, participation of the private sector, training , certificates, management and exercise of budgetary resources for the development of urban infrastructure related to tourism, among others.

To know:

- Ajijic is a town in the Ribera de Chapala.

- Its name comes from the Nahuatl word Axixic, which means "place where the water flows."

- It is located just 40 minutes from the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, along a modern highway, at the foot of the mountains and bathed by the largest lake in Mexico, Lake Chapala.

- In this tourist destination in Jalisco, the colonial architecture of an authentic Mexican town, and the modernity and quality of its tourist services come together. Currently, it has 78 accommodation companies.

- Ajijic is full of color thanks to its murals and cobbled streets, restaurants, galleries, textile shops, inns, cafes and bars. It has 136 food and beverage establishments, 2 specialized service operators and a travel agency.

- It is recognized for its religious festivities, for the carnival of the Sayacas and for a myriad of artistic and cultural activities.

- The artistic community has made this destination a place of rest for creation, inspiration and connection with nature.

- Among the tourist activities, horseback riding through its tree-lined streets to admire its architecture; walks along the boardwalk, from where you can see spectacular sunsets, and boat tours on the lake, admiring its natural beauty.

- Another quality that characterizes it is its microclimate, which is pleasant most of the year. Therefore, there is a community of Americans and Canadians who have decided to reside in the place, making it a cosmopolitan area, full of cultural and artistic life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1