Chapala.com Webboard

Covid 19 Vaccine

artsnob

7 minutes ago, artsnob said:

I was told by a reliable local source it would be available in Decmber, l want to know where to register to get it and the cost if possible

Just a thought...   If your "source" is so "reliable" , why don't you ask them your questions?  Otherwise, I suggest you wait like the rest of us and the rest of the world,  for this information to be available, from, I would assume, a local government source.   Most of us are in the high risk category, you aren't alone.  Be patient, sir.

• Like 9

It will be interesting to ee what the priorities are here.. In France it is health worker followed by anyone working with the public then it is a toss between school kids and old folk home and then old people and people at risk but they have not told us yet how old you have to be to get the vaccine.. and be considered old.. Everyone is betting that it will be way older than retirement age but no one knows..

Here we will fall under the Mexican rule what ever they will be..  a ver.. Frankly we are lucky, we do ot have to go to work , we do not have to travel and we can isolate ourselves and wear masks . There are a whole lot of people who need to have the vaccine way before us.

• Like 3

Knowing what I know now.... which may not be very accurate but it's all I have.... I *think* that in the US I, as an older person with only hypertension to worry much about, will probably not be able to get 'a' vaccine before the March-April timeframe. 

Depending on what I hear from the media quoting scientists as to the safety of those that went before me, I'll be rolling up my sleeve first chance. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mexijims1 said:

No reliable vaccine will be available in December. 

Also, you can be sure reliable (ie, safe) vaccines will be available in the US before here. 

Not here, but in the US in mid December. CDC.

My blood doctor in the US says he believes that only certain health care workers will get the vaccine starting mid December, as many health care workers (such as he) do not work with CV patients, thus no immediate need before older, high risk, people like me get it.

• Like 1

IMO, 'any' rollout in the US in December will be from Pfizer with their -70 C requirement. Moderna won't be far behind but I doubt in December as they are a couple of weeks behind Pfizer I believe.

If so, then vaccines will 'only' be available initially in large population areas or areas that have super-freezers like some Research Universities. Yes, they have some smaller dry ice portable freezer boxes but those will only make the rollout from strategic freezers into hospitals and the like possible.  And of course the first 'end patients' will be Docs, nurses and the like.  Moderna will probably follow in January with less stringent refrigeration requirements which will 'probably' serve the next level of inoculations easier to accomplish.

I don't know how many Doctors and Nurses and Nursing Home patients/caregivers etc there are in the US but it's certainly in the multi-millions. And remember each person must have 2 shots within 4 weeks.... and it must be the same vaccine given the first time.... so logistics will be really important.

The govenment's Operation WARP Speed logistics program is in charge of the rollout and they have a plan but of course in the real world something like this... from development of a vaccine to actually 'hitting someone's arm with a shot'..... is a monumental undertaking.  See their plan/website at:  https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/explaining-operation-warp-speed/index.html

As a side note:  Can you imagine how daunting a task this will be for Mexico to pull off!?!

• Like 3

He will not take it because he is a macho and wants to project strength , lack of fear and who knows what else but his kids were vaccinated to show the vaccine is safe.. 

As far a  am concerned  would not trust anything Russian.. In the 70 s , I gave my huband a Russian watch and it lasted about a month...enough said..

57 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Putin will not take the Russian vaccine so why would anyone else?

Not defending anything Putin does,..but His daughter took it this summer. (Sorry but I don't know how to post a hyperlink from my phone, so cut and paste).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/11/russia-coronavirus-vaccine-putin-daughter-393455

3 hours ago, bmh said:

He will not take it because he is a macho and wants to project strength , lack of fear and who knows what else but his kids were vaccinated to show the vaccine is safe.. 

As far a  am concerned  would not trust anything Russian.. In the 70 s , I gave my huband a Russian watch and it lasted about a month...enough said..

Well the US astronauts have to trust the Russians as they live on their space station and most are launched there from Russia.

Russians for deep space, Swiss for watches......😃 Who knows about Covid vaccine.

The Governor of Jalisco:

This is a very important day. Today we present the next stage of the Jalisco #COVID1 9 Plan, in which #RadarJalisco, with the help of the , will become the logistic platform for the application of the vaccine as soon as it becomes available in our state.
The challenge facing us is titanic and we need to have everything ready to store millions of doses with the necessary cooling conditions, distribute them and apply three times more vaccines than has ever been done in Mexico and Jalisco.
Just as at the beginning of the pandemic we were the first in Mexico to take isolation measures, distance classes, an epidemiological surveillance model, a plan for hospital conversion and economic reactivation, now we will be in this big step.
Along the way we have proven that health is the most important thing. We assume the political costs of doing the right thing, always with science ahead, and today we are the third state with the lowest rate of accumulated infections and the fifth with the lowest mortality rate in the country.
You're starting to see the end of the road, but we're missing weeks of resistance and we can't let our guard down. We need to maintain our hospital capacity and enforcement protocols to reduce risks, detect the virus with tests and prevent infections and deaths.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1