Chapala.com Webboard

New Home Depot Location

Floradude

I want to go to the 'new' Home Depot on Lopes Mateos South but I need help.

Starting at the Periferico and heading south on Lopes Mateos where is the new store? Is it on the right side going south, or the left (Costco) side?  How far down from the Periferico is the store?  As far as Costco?  Where does one exit?  If it is on the right side where do you get over onto the lateral and can you see the sign from the highway?

I tried Googling the stores but the new one is not shown on the map yet.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

OK, can you be more specific where turn off rather than about 2.5 Km south. Traffic is terrible on that stretch of Lopez Mateos and driving alone I cannot be looking for a store or sign.  I will get over to the side (lateral) well before 2 Km but more information would be helpful. Is the store on directly on Lopez Mateos?  Is it by a larger landmark?  

I think to arrive from lakeside, you will have to continue north to the Costco exit and loop under the freeway to head back south.  This is quite a way before you get to the periferico.  As you are now heading back south,  it is just past the mall where the Fresko store is located and on the same side of Lopez Mateos as the Fresko store.  Easy to leave and head south if you are returning to lakeside.  Alan

2 hours ago, Jubilacion said:

Here's the address....Home Depot, V. LOPEZ MATEOS # 7700 COL: SANTA ANITA} Guadalajara, Jalisco CP.45640

Home Depot is about 2.5 km south (before you get to Costco) on the west side of the carretera.

If he is coming from the periferico isnt the "new" store past Costco? not sure why he wishes to passs the "old" store which has more and bigger selection

Yes, I am aware of the old Home Depot just slightly north of the Periferico on Lopez Mateos.  I have shopped there 17+ years.  The highway changes in recent years have made it difficult to get into and out. I want to try the new Home Depot. I prefer driving the periferico route as opposed to the Jocotepec route.   What I want to do is drive to the new Home Depot via the periferico  going south on Lopez Mateos (thank you very much Mostlylost and barrbower).  Leaving Home Depot continue south to the Costco underpass cutoff.  Shop at Costco.  Leave Costo driving north to the periferico and home.

8 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

If he is coming from the periferico isnt the "new" store past Costco? not sure why he wishes to passs the "old" store which has more and bigger selection

Yes. If you go to Costco first rather than the old Home Depot first then after you leave Costco you go south west on Lopez Mateos for about 10 minutes and the new HD is on the right just past Fresco.

On this map  https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/The+Home+Depot+Santa+Anita/@20.5725788,-103.4548934,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8428ab809304f8d9:0xc1b069589269983a!8m2!3d20.5683449!4d-103.4597214?hl=en

Costco is on the top right the new Home Depot is on bottom left.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Floradude said:

I want to go to the 'new' Home Depot on Lopes Mateos South but I need help.

Starting at the Periferico and heading south on Lopes Mateos where is the new store? Is it on the right side going south, or the left (Costco) side?  How far down from the Periferico is the store?  As far as Costco?  Where does one exit?  If it is on the right side where do you get over onto the lateral and can you see the sign from the highway?

I tried Googling the stores but the new one is not shown on the map yet.

Thanks for your help.

On the right. It is past Costco and past Fresco. You can see the store from Lopez Mateos-just get ready to turn right when you see it. No need to worry about the lateral. Try google maps for Home Depot, Santa Anita

3 hours ago, Floradude said:

What I want to do is drive to the new Home Depot via the periferico  going south on Lopez Mateos (thank you very much Mostlylost and barrbower).  Leaving Home Depot continue south to the Costco underpass cutoff.  Shop at Costco.  Leave Costo driving north to the periferico and home.

You are still confused, the new HD is SOUTH of Costco, not north, on LM. The old HD just off the Periferico is still easy to get to.  Just take the ITESO exit off the Periferico going westbound, stay straight, and take a left turn into HD. Nothing to it.    :017:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

You are still confused, the new HD is SOUTH of Costco, not north, on LM. The old HD just off the Periferico is still easy to get to.  Just take the ITESO exit off the Periferico going westbound, stay straight, and take a left turn into HD. Nothing to it.    :017:

The problem is returning to Lakeside. You can no longer do the returno at the Periferico and Lopez Mateos.

Please refer to Mostlylost's picture from Google.  Be ready to turn right into Home Depot's parking lot as soon as you pass the Fitness Gym, top floor of the shopping area in the picture.  We went yesterday and saw where it was heading north to Costco.  Leaving Costco heading south my husband was driving, I was looking.  Had I not said turn right now we would have passed it.  Sneaks up on you.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cricket said:

Please refer to Mostlylost's picture from Google.  Be ready to turn right into Home Depot's parking lot as soon as you pass the Fitness Gym, top floor of the shopping area in the picture.  We went yesterday and saw where it was heading north to Costco.  Leaving Costco heading south my husband was driving, I was looking.  Had I not said turn right now we would have passed it.  Sneaks up on you.  Hope this helps.

Yes it is easy to miss as it is set back from the highway

Since moving to Mexico I have come to find the free phone app Waze that I used in the States for years is also VERY reliable in Jalisco for accurate turn-by-turn directions 🚙 and includes traffic, cops, hazards as reported live by other users. The new HD Santa Anita is included. That's my suggestion.

Just in case you are looking for another Home Depot to get in and out of "easier", there is one in Tlaquepaque.  It is very near the Forum mall and from Chapala (on the airport road), it is the fastest one to get to.  Just don't go on a Sunday because the streets are blocked off for bikes and joggers/walkers in that area.  There is some traffic but pretty simple in and out especially the second time you do it.  Alan

On 11/23/2020 at 10:34 AM, barrbower said:

I think to arrive from lakeside, you will have to continue north to the Costco exit and loop under the freeway to head back south.  This is quite a way before you get to the periferico.  As you are now heading back south,  it is just past the mall where the Fresko store is located and on the same side of Lopez Mateos as the Fresko store.  Easy to leave and head south if you are returning to lakeside.  Alan

We just went yesterday and it's very well-stocked and clean, BUT if you're heading south, you have to pay attention because the signage isn't that good on the south side (but is as you head north/towards Costco). 

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2020 at 8:14 AM, lakeside7 said:

Yes it is easy to miss as it is set back from the highway

Yes, it is set back-hard to spot. The first time I went it came up so fast I had to go in the service rather than the customer entrance.