Chapala.com Webboard

Quarantine Discoveries

CHILLIN

Now this is quarantine food. An outsider, not well known, very talented musician with an amazing life story. Beverly Glenn-Coupland. An American, who has spent most of they time in Canada. They is transgender with a signing voice and rhythums beyond compare. If you are interested there is much on the airwaves, but not commercial or MTV.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/09/21/beverly-glenn-copelands-music-for-a-future-that-never-came

• Like 1

Not really into country or Johnny usually but I love this🙂 Saw 9 Inch Nails once....didn't think I would enjoy it so much but they were seriously fabulous and I have been a big fan ever since:-) 

Poor old Johnny died soon after this song. Six months after his wife died. The song is more attributed to Trent Reznor, who was the frontman of Nine Inch Nails, but he has a much broader scope of songs and collaborations.

I forgot to mention that Beverly Glenn-Coupland performed on the beloved Canadian children's show called " Mr. Dressup". Sort of a Canadian Mr. Rogers. Can you imagine anywhere else in the world where a Transgender person is performing on a children's show which encourages imagination and dressing up?

As far as the Doozy Chicks, is there an emoji for "tacky"?

22 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Poor old Johnny died soon after this song. Six months after his wife died. The song is more attributed to Trent Reznor, who was the frontman of Nine Inch Nails, but he has a much broader scope of songs and collaborations.

As far as the Doozy Chicks, is there an emoji for "tacky"?

Czech chicas doing a lively US country ditty with gusto are not tacky like some mysoginistic posters-eh gary, randy, sculptari, chillin!

15 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

The song is more attributed to Trent Reznor, who was the frontman of Nine Inch Nails

Attributed? he wrote the song. There is no former in his title, Trent IS Nine Inch Nails with help only in live performances. He otherwise does all the songs in albums himself.

• Like 1

I was trying to find a song written and sung by Shel Silverstein. He tries to get sold out tickets for a Johnny concert, he plans to pay for them by pawning his wedding ring, but no way. He gets the idea to create a diversion by shooting a pistol in the air. Unfortunately, he is caught, because someone else shot him, and sent to prison. He grabs a front row seat for the prison's concert, and hears "Hello, I am Johnny Cash" it was the San Quentin concert!

Anyways, Shel was always in demand for his songs, but he was not that great of a voice. Here is someone's list of the top ten songs, including a Boy named Sue.

https://theboot.com/country-songs-written-by-shel-silverstein/