Chapala.com Webboard

Telephone landline problems

mexilady

I had Telmex out this week to repair my phoneline (crackles and buzzes).  After a thorough inspection they told me that it was a problem within my house and I would need to get a private repair person to fix it. Even the offer to pay them to do it didn't work. I have changed the filter on it but that isn't the problem.

So, does anyone have the name and phone number of a phone repair person I can hire?  Magz

I've had the same problem. The wire connections in the house, or to the house, can become corroded due to the moisture from the cement/rain and the fact that the connections aren't crimped. After opening and cleaning the copper as well as making a proper crimp and seal the problem was eliminated.

We have had the same problems off and on for 13 years.  We have received the same response from Telmex.  The problem isn't in our home, never has been.  We have had to have Telmex replace a small connector box on our roof several times now and that has solved the problems.  We had to go through the 800 number to get this accomplished a couple of times, other times we got a repair man that we found in our are to come and repair it.

One often tried method, if you speak a little Spanish, is to approach a Telmex car/employee and arrange a cash repair with no resulting paper trail.  "Tip" them a couple hundred pesos and everybody is happy.  It likely is a corrosion problem which can be fixed quickly by cleaning the connections or just eliminating an unused outlet.  Alan

• Thanks 1