Chapala.com Webboard

New 1,000 Peso Note

Bisbee Gal

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2020/11/mexico-to-launch-new-thousand-peso-bill-this-is-how-it-looks/

The new version of the thousand peso bill will commemorate the Mexican Revolution, which began on November 20, 1910, and will incorporate improvements in the security elements compared to those of the current family.

The new banknote is of a gray hue and shows on the obverse the image of the heroes of the country Francisco I. Madero, Hermila Galindo and Carmen Serdán.

On the back of the banknote there is a design of the ecosystem of humid forests, the jaguar, the ceiba and the sapote, as well as the Ancient Mayan City and protected tropical forests of Calakmul, in Campeche, considered world heritage of natural and cultural type.

1000.jpg

4 hours ago, RickS said:

Hopefully the ATMs won't start spitting them out if one asks for, say, 8,000-10,000 pesos. I get enough 500 notes as it is. One can only get so much petrol or go to Walmart so many times in the normal course of a couple of weeks. 

MXN banks are required by law to change large bills for smaller ones, regardless of whether you are a customer.  No cashier has ever batted an eye when I ask for cambio chico and hand them ten 500 notes.  They will break it down any way you ask for it.  

The old one did not see much service why would a new one?   the twenty coin is a thought.  the new 200 is not being used the nor is the 500  or the 100... But this is Mexico love it or leave.    Viva Mexico    You can be sure that somewhere down the line someone is making $$$$$$$$$$