Chapala.com Webboard

Propane

Maeflower

yes really honest , they just told my husband who cannot walk the tank wa at 21 percent, I happened to come in at the same time and check the tank a few seconds later and saw it was at 50%.. I do not know qhch man it wa but that was enough to tell me not to trust them. I alwasy trust and check and they sure flunk that test. 

It is very hard to find an honest gas guy..  I would not use Los Altoss Jose Romo  every time he comes into our complex he rips people off. I buy gas by the peso amount or by the liter.  ie I ask for 500 pesos or so many liters.. not sure if this the best way not to get cheated or not....

O do not know which one of the two from lo Altos lied about the tank but I do not trust people who le about something like that so they are out for me

Also told me my husband had call for gaz when we do not use them, they are for ever trolling the street ringng bells  tryng to get business lying here and there ...

can you do that from a remote location? My husband cannot go down the stars to see the meter. I have no problem checking the meter and that is how I know they cannot be trusted.. I am a fast learner, you tell me something that is not true once and after that , on to the next person. I have no use for people I cannot trust.

Oh they are very friendly and nice , no question about that...I do not know about their English becaue I have never poken ENglish with them.. I do not need English ..only people who do not lie in what ever language.I am fine with Z gaz, they come when we call them and fikk the tank and that is what I need.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, daisy2013 said:

Javier is honest.  No discrepancy ever.  Usually we fill and amount of propane needed always is correct.  We call him directly not the office.

He is but I caught other Los Altos guy cheating.  When you call Javier these days you don't necessarily get him.

Now what I do is read gage, order specific number of liters, stand around and watch, and check gage afterwards.  Getting gas is a pain in the butt here and my new instant hot water unit has cut our use in half.

We have used Zeta Gas for 13 years.  Get 700 pesos approximately every 6 weeks.  We have never had a problem.  The same 2 guys have been coming for the last 13 years.  I check the tank before filling and after and record that amount.  I check the same day once a week to compare consumption amounts.  I know our pattern and if it would vary, I would be alerted that there may be a leak.  

The truth is they all have had scammers working for them at one time or another. Even my trusted guy had a "cousin" turn up one day with his own business card with a separate phone number. After 7 years of using them with no issues, I discovered a huge discrepancy after they left. They dutifully came back and topped me up to what I had paid. No explanations, though. So it is the luck of the draw, and we always have to be watching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

He is but I caught other Los Altos guy cheating.  When you call Javier these days you don't necessarily get him.

Now what I do is read gage, order specific number of liters, stand around and watch, and check gage afterwards.  Getting gas is a pain in the butt here and my new instant hot water unit has cut our use in half.

I have his cell number so he is always answers it

Be aware that mechanical gas level meters, especially old ones can be faulty. We lived with one that required a tap with something metal, it often stuck showing more gas than was actually in the tank. Advice from Oregon Chapala is as usual, absolutely correct. Juan, from Los Altos has been very good to us over the many years. He answers his cell. He can also fill portable tanks at the same time with a special fitting. I don't think he would come out just for small, portable tanks though.

Here is a digital one which sends the level to a smartphone app:

https://www.amazon.com.mx/El-Gaaas-Levelgas-2-0/dp/B07KCNZ3L6/ref=asc_df_B07KCNZ3L6/?tag=gledskshopmx-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=360361755357&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3905890271802243272&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20708&hvtargid=pla-789358275008&psc=1

3 hours ago, bmh said:

I think Javier ued to work for one of the other companies we did buiness with and expected to get the business when he changed company but he changed for the wrong company unfortunately

I’ve always used Zeta, for almost seventeen years.  Javier used to work with Zeta Gas at least 12 or so years ago.  I stayed with Zeta and deal directly with Chuy.