Chapala.com Webboard

Flu shot where?

midnight

On 11/24/2020 at 7:25 AM, Guiness said:

That is a total top off from Chapala Med! I won't be supporting that clinic any longer.....

The vaccines have been imported from the U.S. through SALVATI A.C. (whom we support in the fight against breast cancer).  It is because of our past work with them that we are even able to import them from the U.S. 

The costs for us have been increased and we are not making any more money than if we were selling the national vaccine (which normally costs from $700-800 pesos). 

A large part ot the Lakeside community know we support many community projects for the less fortunate. i.e  Student scholarships through PATHWAYS  NINOS INCAPACITADOS,  the fight against BREAST CANCER (through SALVATI) etc. And again, it is through SALVATI A.C. that we are making them available to our patients and others in the community who opt to get them at our clinic. 

Please reflect on our dedication to  community service and helping the less fortunate when choosing to support or not support our practice.  Thank you and please stay safe.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I will support the community projects of my choosing, and am concerned that Chapala Med feels justified in raising prices to cover their charity work.  If Chapala Med wants to support community projects, that's wonderful, but don't expect their patients to subsidize the cost.  

• Like 6

f you read me entire post, you would've read that WE ARE NOT MAKING ANY MORE "PROFIT" with the imported vaccines vs. the national vaccine. Which amounts to less than $3 USD. 

Although we'd like to give the vaccines away, they do cost us over ($85 USD)  $1700 PESOS . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr.Santiago said:

f you read me entire post, you would've read that WE ARE NOT MAKING ANY MORE "PROFIT" with the imported vaccines vs. the national vaccine. Which amounts to less than $3 USD.  Although we'd like to give the vaccines away, they do cost us over $80 USD.  

So, although we do believe in "SERVICE BEFORE SELF" especially in the local community, we do not see this as an opportunity or justification for patients  to "SUBSIDIZE" our charity work.  In fact, many gladly give to our various projects.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS !  

No thanks. I control my money for charity not you.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Dr.Santiago said:

ADMINS - This is getting WAY OFF topic and need I say, aggressive ? 

The original question was answered.

Dr.Santiago, with all due respect, you are charging 1800 pesos for a vaccine that LCS charged less than half of that, for the same vaccine. It doesn't sit well with alot of us expats. We appreciate your involvement in special charity organizations here, however for you to think that we are all just cash machines is very insulting. No matter how you slice it, your office charges are way more expensive than the other top quality clinics here. 800 pesos for a regular GP visit is over the top. Enough said.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, court0503 said:

Went Tuesday Dec 1st to Lydia’s , medical office 1 door east of Vinos America on the carretera in Ajijic.    ,$750 for #4 flu shot 

you must get on the list a pay deposit 

A good deal.

Dr. Hernandez - At your suggestion, I went back and re-read your post.  Twice.  You spent more time describing the many community projects and charities you're involved in than explaining why you charge so much more than anyone else for the flu vaccine.  I still don't understand what one has to do with the other.  For me, the bottom line is that you charge much more than for-profit medical providers such as Lydia at 750 p. or Seguro Popular who administers the vaccine for free.  I agree that you should make a profit, but this looks to me like gouging.  Fortunately, Lakeside is blessed with many physicians who don't feel the same as you and who don't wave a flag about their charity work. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Dr. Hernandez - I don't often post on this webboard, but I read it every day because I learn a lot from it.  Today, I received 7 "likes"  to my post from other readers and one message.  It was from you.  Just a smiley face emoji and the words "ha ha".  Did I miss something, maybe the rest of your message, or was this in fact your entire response?   Your total response was "ha ha"???  Very professional.

17 hours ago, Joanie said:

To me, the doctor's "ha ha" response is sad and snide.  I expect better from a professional.  He may have made a profit on the flu vaccinations, but I suspect he lost patients over it.

I have had more than my share of interacting with the sad, snide, unprofessional doctor here and on TOB. Sadly, several friends have had much more unfortunate (and expensive) interactions with him IRL. I hoped he had learned his lesson about how he in interacts with the public, but I see he has not. 

• chapala locked this topic
  • chapala unlocked and locked this topic