Chapala.com Webboard

Flu shot where?

midnight

8 hours ago, midnight said:

Missed the flu shots at LCS, as they ran out before 1:pm. Anybody know where we can get the quadrivalent flu shot Lakeside? Our doctor in Ajijic just informed us he may not have the shot until January! 

San Antonio Hospital called a friend of mine today and told them they had the quadrivalent available..now.

13 hours ago, slainte39 said:

San Antonio Hospital called a friend of mine today and told them they had the quadrivalent available..now.

The SA hospital is out of that flu shot now.

Dear Dr. Santiago,  you gave us a phone  number, however, no one answers when people call that number. I have tried all morning, beginning at 9 am through a few minutes ago.  I also sent you a text message, but have not yet received a reply.

Could you possibly post more details?  Will you have the quadrivalent available? If so, when?

Thank you.

Trivalent

There are hundreds of A-strains that are mutating constantly and hard to predict, while there are only two B-strains. The trivalent vaccine protects against three different flu viruses: the two most common A strains (H1N1 and H3N2) and one B strain (either Massachusetts or Brisbane), whichever is predicted to affect citizens most strongly in a given year.

Quadrivalent

This form offers the same benefits as the trivalent vaccine, with the added bonus of covering  both B-strains, so four strains total. Experts see this as beneficial since both B-strains have been detected within the United States in the past 10 years.

Overall, both types protect against the flu, and the CDC does not currently recommend one over the other. Eventually, the quadrivalent vaccine will phase out the trivalent form. Right now, the quadrivalent vaccine can cost almost double the trivalent form and some insurance companies won’t cover both...

• Thanks 3

Here is the response I got in reply to my What's App with Chapala Med:

We are going to get the quadrivalent flu vaccine. It costs $1800.00 pesos and it will take about ten days for the vaccine to arrive after the order has been placed.  There is a $1000.00 peso deposit to order the vaccine. You can come to the office to make the deposit

19 hours ago, Constance said:

Dear Dr. Santiago,  you gave us a phone  number, however, no one answers when people call that number. I have tried all morning, beginning at 9 am through a few minutes ago.  I also sent you a text message, but have not yet received a reply.

Could you possibly post more details?  Will you have the quadrivalent available? If so, when?

Thank you.

Sorry about that. I will look into that. But you call 376.605.9645 for more information. 

On 11/21/2020 at 7:49 AM, dorisb said:

Here is the reply I got in reply to my What's App with Chapala Med:

We are going to get the quadrivalent flu vaccine. It costs $1800.00 pesos and it will take about ten days for the vaccine to arrive after the order has been placed.  There is a $1000.00 peso deposit to order the vaccine. You can come to the office to make the deposit

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, Ian Greenwood said:

Just received our flu shots last week at Lydia‘s medical supply store , 750 pesos.... I believe she is expecting another delivery of the vaccine in the not to distant future.

Ian, do you have a  phone number for Lydia?  Thanks!