Chapala.com Webboard

End to Social Distancing

Referdude

Going to get a mini freezer today during the big sales so that we will have more room for meat and ice cream. M. Merryman is checking on what smart TV will be compatible for our listening needs so we can get the right one. The plumbers ar back working today but golly gee whilackers I haven't figured out what to bbq.

42 minutes ago, Upfront said:

look whos talking

SNORK!

1 hour ago, bmh said:

50 millions dosis worldwide when the US has 320 milions people   is not a whole lot of vaccine.. The vaccine will be good but not for many months so do not hold your breath about all the masks and social distancing being over because there is a vacine Meanwhile people will get sick and many will die. 

The 50 million is only from the first lab that announced the conclusion and success of human testing. A second lab just announced a successful conclusion and even more doses were produced and stockpiled during their testing period. You can bet that these 2 are frantically stocking up right now in anticipation of the fed green light ($$$). Also there are more labs in the final stages of testing and those are also stockpiling in anticipation of successful outcomes with their testing. Nobody is suggesting that the health protocols now in place should be abated. Now, just watch all the negative Nellies crawl out of the woodwork to dispute this...I am amazed at the amount of negativity here. Why not celebrate this amazing accomplishment in record time (mostly with American taxpayer $$$), and look forward to getting back to normal life???

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Aren't you people getting tired of participating in endlessly, useless, pathetic, negative threads like this that have no meaning whatsoever? You are all to be be laughed at and perhaps even pitied.-SNORK! and JAJAJAJAJA!

pedro kertesz

Mostly just getting tired of the consistent overuse of SNORK 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Who is being negative.. no one  You can be realistc without negative, to start with  , just look at the figure and you quickly see that the light is at the end of the tunnel but not that quickly..meanwhile people will die.

The US is not the only one developping vaccines so there will be more coming down the pipe but when you see how the situation is being handled in the States , I do not think it is anything to be proud of.. The vaccine yes the attitude  no.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Upfront said:

more BS from the boreds biggest BSer. show us some proof. NO ONE stockpiles a vaccine until it is proven. certainly NOT during a test period. have you ever heard of anything so stupid. and since it was just recently proven, it isnt stockpiled yet honey.

Unfortunately (maybe) you are not correct. Both Pfizer and Moderna.... and probably others we haven't researched..... are and have been stockpiling some vaccine while in the test phase. This would normally not happen but a pandemic (and a LOT of government $'s) are not normal times.

The real issue his was the hombre's contention that we were just a 'couple' of weeks away from having a vaccine ready for the general public. NOT.

43 minutes ago, Upfront said:

more BS from the boreds biggest BSer. show us some proof. NO ONE stockpiles a vaccine until it is proven. certainly NOT during a test period. have you ever heard of anything so stupid. and since it was just recently proven, it isnt stockpiled yet honey.

Are you not tired of being proven wrong??? Just a piece of advise: maybe you should do your own research before spouting off here!!!

This from a news site that is not a favorite of mine, but maybe yours:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-vaccine-distributed-approved-fda/story?id=73889186

Tens of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses are reportedly being manufactured and stored in several facilities around the country. Pfizer and Moderna will allegedly have somewhere between 20 million and 40 million doses of their vaccine stockpiled by the end of December, Operation Warp Speed's chief adviser, Dr. Moncef Slaoui, told ABC News last week.

32 minutes ago, RickS said:

Unfortunately (maybe) you are not correct. Both Pfizer and Moderna.... and probably others we haven't researched..... are and have been stockpiling some vaccine while in the test phase. This would normally not happen but a pandemic (and a LOT of government $'s) are not normal times.

The real issue his was the hombre's contention that we were just a 'couple' of weeks away from having a vaccine ready for the general public. NOT.

Thank you for reaffirming the part of my post concerning stockpiling of the vaccine, however let me clarify and correct your above statement: "The real issue his was the hombre's contention that we were just a 'couple' of weeks away from having a vaccine ready for the general public. NOT."

Here is what I actually posted: “These will be out there in a couple of weeks and there is enough stockpiled now to get the most vulnerable vaccinated first and then rolled out to the general population.”

Maybe my wording could have been better but never did I say "we were just a 'couple' of weeks away from having a vaccine ready for the general public." The contested "couple of weeks" statement was meant to refer to this aspect of the project as you see here in the revered New York Times story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/health/covid-vaccine-when-available.html

Companies have been in contact with F.D.A. officials all along the way, and many experts predict that the agency will be able to approve an emergency authorization within days, if the results are clear enough.

34 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Tens of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses are reportedly being manufactured and stored in several facilities around the country. Pfizer and Moderna will allegedly

Notice the words "reportedly" and "allegedly"?  Those words denote that it is not necessarily fact.

8 minutes ago, Upfront said:

ME being proven wrong. hahaha. you just proved yourself wrong AGAIN. BEING MANUFACTURED now that the vaccine is proven. BY END OF DECEMBER. no stockpiles here honey.

NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY STOCKPILES MEDICATIONS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PROVEN.

Wrong again...remember the axiom "when you are in a hole, stop digging"??? End of story!!! 

7 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Notice the words "reportedly" and "allegedly"?  Those words denote that it is not necessarily fact.

There are many resources for this FACT. Please do your own research...frankly I am tired of this useless back and forth with people who have not done the work. 

47 minutes ago, Upfront said:

ME being proven wrong. hahaha. you just proved yourself wrong AGAIN. BEING MANUFACTURED now that the vaccine is proven. BY END OF DECEMBER. no stockpiles here honey.

NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY STOCKPILES MEDICATIONS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PROVEN.

Actually Many companies began producing and stockpiling  their vaccine after their phase two trials concluded in anticipation of final approval. They received funding from the US government to produce the vaccine before final approval.

From Pfizer " Based on current projections we expect to produce globally up to 50 million vaccine doses in 2020 and up to 1.3 billion doses in 2021"

Astrozenca "Normally, the manufacturing of our medicines increases in line with their progression through clinical development and when they are ready for launch commercially, a central supply chain is already in place to support supply.. We have already started manufacturing the vaccine so that, should clinical trials prove successful and the vaccine be approved by regulators, it will be available to support broad and equitable access"

Johnson & Johnson "Johnson & Johnson has continued the scaling up of its manufacturing capacity and remains on track to meet its goal of providing one billion doses of a vaccine each year. The Company is committed to bringing an affordable vaccine to the public on a not-for-profit basis for emergency pandemic use and anticipates the first batches of a COVID-19 vaccine to be available for emergency use authorization in early 2021, if proven to be safe and effective."

Moderna Aug 11 " Today’s award of up to $1.525 billion is for the manufacturing and delivery of 100 million doses of mRNA-1273 including incentive payments for timely delivery of the product. 

Just a partial list. 

39 minutes ago, Upfront said:

the key phrase here being AFTER THEIR PHASE TWO TRIALS CONCLUDED. exactly as i explained it. not APPROVED but PROVEN.

Every one of the companies mentioned concluded their phase two trials weeks ago and have been producing and stockpiling the vaccinations the entire time they have been in phase trials. 

So there are stockpiles existing at this time.   

31 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Every one of the companies mentioned concluded their phase two trials weeks ago and have been producing and stockpiling the vaccinations the entire time they have been in phase trials. 

So there are stockpiles existing at this time.   

Thanks all for the confirmation here on this...maybe the person in the hole has stopped the digging and can now climb out!!!