Chapala.com Webboard

Seems no more Kirtland butter at Costco

Mainecoons

3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

SL gets few things directly across the border.  Most of what they sell comes through the Abastos or Costco.

They purchase products from several importadores, The products are supposed to be properly labeled in Spanish if the origin language is something different. Many sources in China and elsewhere around the world, already have the Spanish version in place, at the source.

5 hours ago, Yo1 said:

SL gets few things directly across the border.  Most of what they sell comes through the Abastos or Costco.

When Pancho was running the place, the majority of their imports came across the border. Read the chapter in Judy King's book about it. And if you peruse the store today, you will see hundreds of imported items and regular items that do not come from either the abastos or Costco.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:49 PM, daisy2013 said:

Kirkland Tocino just arrived at Costco today.  Package of 4 (1 pound) for 388 pesos

And already gone by today. There are several things that I didn't see that they normally carry...Philly cheese steaks (the cleaner LOVES them and we're not above bribery!), salmon in cut and seasoned squares, the bacon, etc, etc. Of course, they always have others that we load up on. I learned a while back that if you see a product there that you like, buy as much as you can because you never know when it will no longer be carried. 

I'm still trying to find something of importance in this entire thread.  Even if a limited supply of Kirkland butter was back on the shelf on Sunday, who's actually going to jump on their tricycle, peddle like crazy and...most likely find the last package resting in the cart just ahead in the check-out line.  And as for AndyPanda...if you do attempt to use it in the manner you've so thoughtfully suggested, I would recommend at least keeping it frozen as the alternative is difficult to imagine!

On 11/17/2020 at 4:36 PM, Carnivore said:

I'm still trying to find something of importance in this entire thread.  Even if a limited supply of Kirkland butter was back on the shelf on Sunday, who's actually going to jump on their tricycle, peddle like crazy and...most likely find the last package resting in the cart just ahead in the check-out line.  And as for AndyPanda...if you do attempt to use it in the manner you've so thoughtfully suggested, I would recommend at least keeping it frozen as the alternative is difficult to imagine!

I'm still trying to find something of value in your entire comment.

• Haha 3

I bought 3 kilos of Kirkland butter at Costco Morelia yesterday, after a long stretch of none being available.  Thanksgiving at our house is a very butter-heavy day, so I was quite happy to find it available.