Chapala.com Webboard

Blood pressure monitor

cedros

One of the best if the best on the market for home use is the Omron Series 10.  If takes 3 readings and gives you the average.  It stores about 200 readings so you look back and compare,  It can send the readings to an App on your table or phone that will graph your readings so you  see any rise or fall in your BP over time.

15 hours ago, WideSky said:

omron elite; model HEM6232T; Costco only had wrist monitors at the Lopez Mateos location; but online there is a bigger selection  https://www.costco.com.mx/Salud-y-Belleza/Salud-y-Cuidado-en-Casa/Monitores-de-Salud/c/cos_13.4.2

Thanks. I looked at that site and saw some interesting ones.

When I was looking for a BP monitor, I looked at the brand and model numbers available.  Many stores carried the same model.  Then I checked with the American Heart Assoc website for which monitors they considered the best and most reliable.  There was only one of two that were recommended.  That is what I bought.  More trouble than picking one willy-nilly but accuracy was important to me.

7 hours ago, Yo1 said:

When I was looking for a BP monitor, I looked at the brand and model numbers available.  Many stores carried the same model.  Then I checked with the American Heart Assoc website for which monitors they considered the best and most reliable.  There was only one of two that were recommended.  That is what I bought.  More trouble than picking one willy-nilly but accuracy was important to me.

What were the one or two that were recommended?

The wrist bp monitor I got at Guadalajara Farmacia is a Citizen brand which I have checked with some of my doctors when they do the mechanical and it reads the same. Been using the same brand for several years. Reading right now is 101/61,heart rate 80. I didn't waste my time with what all you people seem to like to do to buy a simple unit available anywhere. My Cardiologist approved what I bought by just going into the farmacia and buying it. Maybe that's why I have such good bp.

14 hours ago, ibarra said:

The one i bought at Soriana is upper arm. It has bp and pulse. I took it to my appointment with the endocrinologist,  same reading on my machine as hers.  

What brand was it?

Thanks for all the replies. I am stil waiting to hear from my GP. Then I will go shopping. I have been using a US  Panasonic one that a neighbour lent me. I have been taking my BP about 6 times a day-very interesting