Chapala.com Webboard

New construction

lakeside7

I can't imagine the noise level in that location.  Good luck to the buyers.

When it comes to development, anything goes with the Chapala government.  That's just the way it is and has been.

Sure a lot of this type of development piling up around here.  We'll see how well they sell.  The condos around the corner from me on Constitucion haven't sold worth a damn.  But they are seriously pricey.

10 hours ago, gringohombre said:

How about the huge condo/retail development just East of Walmart? It has come to a screeching halt. Supply and demand...that is the name of the game!!!  

It has?  Looks to me like they are still working on it.  Amazingly ugly.  Trouble is, if it fails, there it will be forever, a huge blight.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

It has?  Looks to me like they are still working on it.  Amazingly ugly.  Trouble is, if it fails, there it will be forever, a huge blight.

This project, just East of Walmart is dead in the water! I live in lower SAT and go by it many times a week, 2 times today and not a soul stirring. This project seemed to be in trouble even before the pandemic and now that real estate here has taken a huge hit was among the first to suffer. Can you say WHALE CARCASS (rotting on the beach)??? 

27 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

The workers may be working out back.  There are a lot of cars parked across the street from this place during the day.

It does look pretty dead in front though.  I only go by there briefly a few times during the week.  Not sufficient to determine the activity there.

The marked with logo contractor/builder's vehicles are parked all over the front of it every day that I've driven by. What more proof than that is necessary that work is being done.

• Like 1

I wonder how many people will look back and say "I wish I had bought one of those"...If you are young enough to wait until green bananas ripen then maybe you should look around and make a purchase now. If you do not feel warm and comfortable about Mexico's future, then it is time to move on...But were???...There was a time in Ajijic when you could pick up a fixer up for under $40,000usd...been there done that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

The workers may be working out back.  There are a lot of cars parked across the street from this place during the day.

It does look pretty dead in front though.  I only go by there briefly a few times during the week.  Not sufficient to determine the activity there.

Sorry but the cars are from the Coke plant for the most part. I walk past the area at 8am every day. 

The construction company for Entorno Laguna  is Mexicana en Desarrollo y Construction. Most of their workers would come from Guadalajara. The subcontractors are from Guadalajara. 

As you can see by the attached artist renderings it is a lot more than the building you see from the  street side  It will have 24 commercial spaces in front and 23 two and three bedroom apartments. Also common areas and a pool for the apartments. 

AA Entorno Laguna.JPG

AA Entorno Laguna Street side.JPG