Chapala.com Webboard

Where's the "Chairman" and his wife?

Jubilacion

What I'm really asking is does any one know where the "Chairman" and his wife - Oscar & Estela - who weave chairs on the carretera corner right by Gaudalajara Pharmacy near the "Coffee-Guy" are?

We gave him a small deposit for a couple of patio chairs and tables for him to weave about 10 days ago and he disappeared the day after... and I find it hard to believe the $1000 pesos deposit turned him into a criminal on the run. Heck, if he sold two of his chairs he'd make well more than that?

Anyone heard any thing? 😜  🇲🇽

A few years back I wanted to get that guy by Guad Farmacia to repair some cane chairs. I could never connect with him. I was told he moves around-someimes in Ajijc sometime in Guadalagara sometimes? So I got the carpenter at Constitucion and Aldama? to repair them. I had to get my lawyer to talk to them before I could get my chairs  back.

Thanks. We did find him there this morning around 10:30am and from memory he recited our order....but  our small order wasn't ready after 10 days... he told us "Listo manana! ". Can't make this stuff up, LOL! Hope the chairs are ready tomorrow and this is just a crazy way he does business since the patio chairs we saw in colors, other than what we wanted, looked nice and were comfortable to sit in and I'm 2.0 meters tall.

Go "Chairman" Go! 🪑 🇲🇽

Sooooo....the end of the story is.... the Chairman came through... great job with our 2 patio chairs and small round patio table.  It was ready today, his "manana" after 12 days since the order. I'm sure we'll use him again now that we know what to expect. May try the "bonus" idea mentioned above to speed the process. Mexican time - but the work was top shelf!!

🇲🇽  👍

• Like 2