Chapala.com Webboard

internet issues with just specific websites

InChapala1

Anyone having internet issues with just specific websites since last evening? I can access NY Times, this web board, etc. without issues, but Google Translate, Yahoo, etc. are extremely slow. I checked my internet speed and its showing usual speed for my home, 28-30 mbps download, so appears my internet service is okay.

10 hours ago, Ferret said:

I have been playing with different browsers and I can honestly that Mozilla Firefox has been the pits since the last upgrade. I mean REALLY bad. However, I have no problems with Microsoft Edge or Brave. YMMV.

Chrome browser is the one for me...especially since you can set a default feature to translate to English since a lot of sites here come up in Spanish.

• Like 1

Anyone else today?   Yesterday I managed (after clearing cache, restarting desktop, unplugging modem, etc) to get into gmail but NEVER into Yahoo.  Today gmail and yahoo both opened (reluctantly) .... and gmail shows me 6 new messages but WILL NOT open them  Yahoo opens messages, but if any attachments... no. Amazon no--- neither U.S. or Mexico.  No problem with many other sites I use  English and Spanish.

Is this possibly due to online shopping for Buen Fin... or are there other gremlins out there?

57 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Anyone else today?   ...

Yesterday I tried all 3 suggestions at the same time (resetting the modem, VPN, and a different browser). I was able to access Yahoo and Gmail, but unsure which of the 3 fixed the issue. Had the same issue today and first thing I tried was VPN and that fixed it. Perhaps try VPN?

Called a tech guru (Mexican young man) who said same issue at his house (SAT).... try later in the day when the kids are all off line from their classes.  Sure enough.... working fine right now.

He also said Telmex guys told him some upgrading is being done working east from Ajijic......    vamos a ver.....