Chapala.com Webboard

Posting on behalf of happyjillin...

Ferret

Muchos gracias ferret. It has come to my attention that mostly negativity and fear about just about every aspect of being in this place or anywhere else for that matter,  seems far too common on this web board. I am a positive thinker person and this lovely tune pretty much sums up what I think about having been in this place for 14+ years and hopefully a little while longer.

pedro kertesz

• Like 1

• Ferret changed the title to Posting on behalf of happyjillin...
33 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

With the ejection of certain political figures up north, the spirits of everyone seem to have lifted a great deal over the last few weeks. Optimism is overtaking anger. Here's hoping it spreads to this board. I'm with you guys.

That is not of what I speak. To me that NOB thing is just a minor irritant that has now been resolved. I am more concerned if we are going to loose an entire NHL season.The covid-19 subject has taken over this board. I don't read any of the plethora of posts on it,as I have an excellent doctor and other media to keep me informed as needed. Judging  the posts on here suggests nobodies spirits have been lifted. Hopefully the song will get some to get a more positive perspective in their life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

That is not of what I speak. To me that NOB thing is just a minor irritant that has now been resolved. I am more concerned if we are going to loose an entire NHL season.The covid-19 subject has taken over this board. I don't read any of it as I have an excellent doctor and other media to keep me informed. Judging  the posts on here suggests nobodies spirits have been lifted. Hopefully the song will get some to get a more positive perspective in their life.

Yeah, but look at the clientele. Don't worry, others are coming. As for hockey, I'd rather watch Star Trek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bmh said:

Chillin the Guatemalans are from Honduras according to them..

Why anybody would want to donate to them when they buy junk food at the abarrotes all day while they are WORKING and when finished leave in a taxi. In any event it has nothing to do with the wonderfulness of being here. Every place has it's warts and negative people-eh!

I do not give  anything to people on the street unless they are ancient or handicapped and even then it is rare. I give to people I know, not the ones on the street or ringing at my door. It still remain that these guys are not from Guatemala ,

If they do get anything they will move on..but the way it looks right now they have found a way to make a living without working.. Yes poor people who leave their communty eat a lot of junk food. That is the way it is. In Chiapas there are cooperatives who give their members classes on nutrition before they leave the villages  because when the women arrive in San Cristobal they do not know how to prepare food, do not know how to use gas stove or blender and other appliances so they feed themselves  with chips and other junk food. It is a big problem in poor communties who get uprooted.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bmh said:

I do not give  anything to people on the street unless they are ancient or handicapped and even then it is rare. I give to people I know, not the ones on the street or ringing at my door. It still remain that these guys are not from Guatemala ,

If they do get anything they will move on..but the way it looks right now they have found a way to make a living without working.. Yes poor people who leave their communty eat a lot of junk food. That is the way it is. In Chiapas there are cooperatives who give their members classes on nutrition before they leave the villages  because when the women arrive in San Cristobal they do not know how to prepare food, do not know how to use gas stove or blender and other appliances so they feed themselves  with chips and other junk food. It is a big problem in poor communties who get uprooted.

So what to all you have put forth. The point I was making is that they take in a lot of money for doing nothing but putting their hands out to the gullible, spending it on food all day and then taking taxis. Got nothing to do with poor communities. Start another thread if you find this drek important. HOME SWEET HOME!

pedro kertesz

• Sad 1

These people got out of Honduras and were planning to go to the States, They come from poor commutes in Honduras. Have you been to Honduras? I have ...On their way north they found a good spot to do their begging way better probably t what they have experienced on their way up.  Yes they will stay if people give them money but it does not change the fact that they came from a poor area and found a way to make a nice living, The fact they eat junk food follows the pattern of what poor people eat down there when they are displaced. What ever they make  they chose how to spenf it and junk food it is. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, bmh said:

These people got out of Honduras and were planning to go to the States, They come from poor commutes in Honduras. Have you been to Honduras? I have ...On their way north they found a good spot to do their begging way better probably t what they have experienced on their way up.  Yes they will stay if people give them money but it does not change the fact that they came from a poor area and found a way to make a nice living, The fact they eat junk food follows the pattern of what poor people eat down there when they are displaced. What ever they make  they chose how to spenf it and junk food it is. 

Start yer own thread. What part of HOME SWEET HOME escapes you?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Muchos gracias ferret. It has come to my attention that mostly negativity and fear about just about every aspect of being in this place or anywhere else for that matter,  seems far too common on this web board. I am a positive thinker person and this lovely tune pretty much sums up what I think about having been in this place for 14+ years and hopefully a little while longer.

pedro kertesz

I guess this needs repeating to you bmh.

15 minutes ago, bmh said:

I was answering Chillin ´s comments.. nothng to do with you or your happiness, positiveness and wonderful home.

I don't care about you answering chillin the troll why don't you take this somewhere else so that you can continue in your equally negative posts like some of your like minded fellow posters who can't seem to stop yapping and patting each other on the back like the very excellent doggy vid that angus posted to describe a few on this board who cannot seem to stop posting all kinds of unhappy drek and howling like hyenas at those of us that chose a more positive path . PATHETIC!

pedro kertesz

beating a dead horse gif.gif

• Sad 1