Chapala.com Webboard

Paypal Mexico Crashed?

Karina G

Is anyone else using Paypal to transfer funds to Mexico? They changed the service last year so you can no longer hold a balance in your account or shop online, and they're supposed to transfer anything received to your bank within 24 hours. I've been waiting over 2 weeks now for the most recent transfer, and it's making me very uneasy. All they're telling me is that they're aware of the problem and working to fix it "immediately." Two weeks is hardly immediately, and this is not reassuring.

I hope this isn't going to be another disaster like Interjet. I'm going to lose serious money on that one and can't afford another loss... Paypal's a big, international company so surely there are safeguards in place that would operate in Mexico too, right? 

On a final note, does anyone use a different service that's reliable and not too expensive, in case I have to switch? These are generally small transfers so a wire transfer is not cost-effective.

Thanks for any help you can provide.