Chapala.com Webboard

Any Bancomer customers here?

kmetzger

I've had a Bancomer account for many years and have often paid for online purchases with my BBVA credit card. But starting about two weeks ago, the payments have been declined. My bank tells me my credit card is in good standing and that all online payments will be declined unless I use the BBVA wallet app on my iPhone. I can't figure out how to use the wallet. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Help appreciated.

Maybe the first question should be is anyone else making online purchases with a BBVA credit card without the Wallet app?

Once the main BBVA app is installed, Wallet is pretty easy addition. I wouldn't use my real credit or debit card number online for purchases due to the possibility of getting the number compromised. Wallet lets you create digital versions of both types of physical cards.

KMetzger, do you have the main app installed on your iPhone? Is your cell number registered with BBVA for alerts?

Thank you, John. I have the main app installed on my iPhone. I am also pretty useless with my iPhone. I use it only because I have to to get the security code when I'm logging into my BBVA account from my PC. I had a recent purchase decline on Amazon, but can't figure out what I have to do to change the payment method using the wallet app. And, yes I get alerts from BBVA.

Kim Metzger

If you have the wallet app it displays your credit and debit cards under a fisica tab. To the right of fisica is digital. If I remember right when you press that word, the app will generate a new credit card number and show it next to the real one. When making a purchase you open Wallet, click the digital image and then after entering the digital card number press see CVV. You'll get a 3 digit number with a 5 minute countdown clock starting. You have those 5 minutes to complete the transaction before the combo is invalid.

I have the BBVA digital card number saved on Amazon Mexico for all purchases.

Thanks for your help. I now have my wallet open and pressed on my credit card. I then press copiar tarjeta. I'm told the number has been correctly copied. But I see no number to enter in amazon. I do see my CVV. 

I'm getting closer. I now see that the digital card itself has the new number on it. But I'm now back to square one because I don't see the CVV anymore. Just copiar tarjeta. No CVV visible. I also don't know what happens when I copy the card. Is the number supposed to show up somewhere?

12 hours ago, kmetzger said:

Many thanks to all of you for helping me with this problem. I now understand how the wallet system works. Tomorrow I'll go to the bank and tell them about the disappearing CVV.

You need to call the Preferred Customer number in Mexico City.  They can help you.  If you go to the branch they will probably put you on the phone with them. 

Using the BBVA app to generate a digital card for either your debit or credit card takes about 10 seconds. Once you have a digital card number it stays the same. The only thing that changes is the CVV.

Each time you want to use the digital card you tap for a new CVV that  only works for 5 minutes, 

Certainly not complicated. 

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Using the BBVA app to generate a digital card for either your debit or credit card takes about 10 seconds. Once you have a digital card number it stays the same. The only thing that changes is the CVV.

Each time you want to use the digital card you tap for a new CVV that  only works for 5 minutes, 

Certainly not complicated. 

Sounds complicated