Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico City Airport--getting from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 quickly

In fact during the summer of 2020 if flew Aeromexico round trip to Paris, France--Guadalajara to Mexico City to Paris.  Same on the return.  The entire trip flew out and returned to the same terminal in Mexico City.  

I have taken several flights from Guadalajara to Mexico City to another city in Mexico and all of them have been in the same terminal.

Double check your information.  Unless something has changed with Aeromexico I doubt you have to change terminals.

Just tell the stewards on the plane and they will radio ahead  to wait if there is a problem or tell you what to do. Ths site is not a place to get help when you book plane with less than the two hours you usually have to have between flights if you want help. Since it is the same airline t should not be a problem.

However good luck to your luggage if you have checked it.. 

21 minutes ago, mikechapala said:

not possible, as you go on different airlines ( Volaris/viva aerobus) and then change to Aeromexico. I doubt this is possible in half hour. Even more doubtful if you have luggage, so checkinn would be closed at Aeromexico already.

Why do you assume he's on 2 different airlines??  Aeromexico has plenty of connecting flights from GDL-MEX-OAX

We didn't schedule it.  After we bought tickets for later in the day and they confirmed, a day later they came back with this.  You can see we are coming in T1 but have to go to T2 to make the connection flight to Oaxaca.  These teFlrminals are a couple of kilometers apart.  Should we just go out front and pay a taxi to shuttle us over there?

Just another example of how bad flying sucks these days.  

Screenshot (36).png

Mainecoons, I have faced the same situation at Mexico City airport several times. I have tried the shuttle, the bus and a taxi. Take it from me, just take a taxi. It's much quicker and simpler than any of the other options and the cabbie will know just where to drop you off for the shortest walk. The ride is only a short distance so the fare is not much. All you need to know is the most direct route from your arrival gate to the taxi sitio.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

????  What if the traveller isn't medically/physically in need of a wheelchair??  

They don't care-that is their job. They don't get paid -you tip them.

I've done the same at Houston and Vancouver.

7 hours ago, cookj5 said:

Mainecoons, I have faced the same situation at Mexico City airport several times. I have tried the shuttle, the bus and a taxi. Take it from me, just take a taxi. It's much quicker and simpler than any of the other options and the cabbie will know just where to drop you off for the shortest walk. The ride is only a short distance so the fare is not much. All you need to know is the most direct route from your arrival gate to the taxi sitio.

Thank you Jim, exactly the information I was looking for.

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

MC---I think the ticket is saying your GDL-MEX flight LEAVES from Terminal 1 in GDL.  

My guess is you are arriving and departing out of MEX Terminal 2.  

Damn, I'll bet you are correct Bisbee.  You can tell we don't fly much.  :D 

Some useful information here for the future, thanks to all.  

The ticket is logical, they show the departure gate of each flight not the arrivals so still need to know at which terminal you arrive but as someone said AeroMexco uses terminal 2 so chances are is that you arrive and leave from there  and hopefully that leaves time for the luggage to follow...One good thing when it is the same airline the stewards help and they know you have a tight connection so they give you priority to get out and warn the other flight that you are on the way, if you book on differnt airlines, yo are out of luck.

• Thanks 1