Chapala.com Webboard

Country 2000 hospital

adolphsj

Occidente General Hospital has very strict infection control. No pillows allowed or provided. I bring a dive string bag and stuff it in the nightime with extra clothing. They have very tight employee schedules these AMLO days, they cannot deal with an outbreak of bed bugs, fleas, scabies, or who knows what.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Mexican hospital nurses provide medical attention; not personal services, like refilling water, bathing the patient, helping to the bathroom, etc.  That is the difference, compared to "up north".

I had all those things done in every hospital that I hve been in right here in Mexico so you are wrong.

RV is a senior respected member here. He has more experience in Mexico and adventures in the world more than even you can try to invent  I have never met him, but would certainly like to. He strikes me as a reslient individual who thinks on his feet. He is at least three times the man you are and you have insulted him. He doesn't have a need to buy into a story "I am Peter, I am very sick you know, they don't know why, so feel sorry and do everything for me, or else I will force my wife to do it".

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

So are the previous 2 posts saying that Pedro is lying???

I too have experienced personal service in a Mexican private hospital so ......

Now am I insulting someone by having different experiences than they did?

And that I too say that their statement is wrong and does not apply to all hospitals based on my personal experience make me insulting?  

Or is it impossible that nursing services in private hospitals could be different depending on the hospital ??  

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

RV is a senior respected member here. He has more experience in Mexico and adventures in the world more than even you can try to invent  I have never met him, but would certainly like to. He strikes me as a reslient individual who thinks on his feet. He is at least three times the man you are and you have insulted him. He doesn't have a need to buy into a story "I am Peter, I am very sick you know, they don't know why, so feel sorry and do everything for me, or else I will force my wife to do it".

Unlike you I have met him and his statement is BS as is a lot of what he posts but he does have a very nice wife so I helped them sell their house in Chapala. I have spoken from experience about MY care by nurses in THE HOSPITALS i  HAVE BEEN IN.

pedro kertesz

I stayed with a friend at Hospital Country 2000 for 3 full days about a month ago, and then was replaced by other friends.   There was a long leather sofa in the patient’s private room for me which was fine for sleeping. The hospital provided a blanket and pillow, but no sheets.  There were plenty of nurses and doctors coming and going to check on the patient.  My tasks involved sometimes using the buzzer to call the nurse when the IV machine beeped because it was running low, handing things to the patient, moving her pillow or blanket, talking to the doctor and communicating with friends. During the period the patient was having surgery, a staff member came to the room to find me.  I had to go to the operating waiting room to sign a document to allow them to give a blood transfusion to the patient.  I also signed to check the patient in, along with the patient.  At one point, I went to the office to sign insurance documents.   

Most of the doctors and some of the staff speak English.  The patient could speak enough Spanish for basic communication with the Spanish speaking staff.  I used Google Translate on my phone a couple of times to get my point across.   All the staff were familiar with Google Translate and sometimes produced their phones first.   The doctor that admitted the patient said in advance that it was necessary for someone to stay with the patient.  Some people hire a bilingual nurse to stay with the patient

On 11/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, adolphsj said:

We are wondering specifically about whether and how much spouse of patient needs to assist patient on an overnight stay.  Are they required to stay?  Place to sleep in room? This particular surgery is not major but requires one night stay.  Bring your own pillow,etc.?  Thanks in advance.

.  There is a 24 hour cafe on the main floor of the hospital where visitors can eat.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Unlike you chillin[aka randy aka gary sculptari] I have met him and his statement is WRONG as is a lot of what he posts as he hasn't been here in years but he does have a very nice wife so I helped them sell their house in Chapala. I have spoken from experience about MY care by nurses in THE HOSPITALS I  HAVE BEEN IN. In any event, when is it wrong to call somebody wrong about what they have said? I also have a  good reputation  and when I am wrong I admit it. When are you going to end these silly and untruthful personal attacks on me whenever you see an opportunity. Do you personally attack anyone else with disabilities?

pedro kertesz