Chapala.com Webboard

Country 2000 hospital

adolphsj

As I recall, it is expected that a spouse,friend, or private nurse will stay overnight with patient. I stayed there with my husband. Not a lot of English is spoken, but it's a pleasant place. The cafeteria is pretty good. A spouse can be helpful to a patient and would summon help if needed. However nurses come in regularly to check. You might want to ask your doctor your questions.

Lexy

18 minutes ago, Lexy said:

As I recall, it is expected that a spouse,friend, or private nurse will stay overnight with patient. I stayed there with my husband. Not a lot of English is spoken, but it's a pleasant place. The cafeteria is pretty good. A spouse can be helpful to a patient and would summon help if needed. However nurses come in regularly to check. You might want to ask your doctor your questions.

Lexy

Ditto, had two stays of 1 night each. Staff was very attentive and responsive. 

You can pay for private nurses at the hospital of your choice for a 12 or an 8 hour shift. It is NOT expensive. (approx. 500 pesos each shift) That's what I did because I was unable to stay with my hubby for multiple hospital surgeries over the span of four years. He was very well taken care of and each of the nurses gave me their cell phone numbers and kept me well informed of what was going on. 

I stayed there on my own for one night after surgery.  I found the staff very attentive.  Actually it was a little challenging to sleep because they kept coming in regularly to check on me.  Also they have a buzzer and the one time I used it the nurse arrived almost immediately.  I was impressed with how efficient everything was, the staff is well organized, well trained and very professional.  Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.  You will be in good hands there.  

36 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Except for some special upscale hospitals, someone is always expected to stay, because there is no nurse service as we know it up north.

I have been to several private hospitals for very reasonable low cost and received incredible nursing and other services. nobody was expected to stay with me. This now includes the SAT hospital.

Are Mexican hospitals allowing visitors during Covid? Still not here in the RGV. I was admitted late May for a very bad infection through the ER around 3 AM and my wife was not even allowed in the ER with me.

• My husband spent several day there  for a back surgery.. Never did they once in 4 days offered to clean him.
  • The sofa had one leg shorter than the other and I spent some unconfortable nights there. Nurses come by several times at night and there is a pillow and sofa where you can sleep and they will give you a blanket so you can stay if you want to .. It is not that great to stay ther efor several day but I had an overnight surgery there , I stayed alone and it was fine..
  • The blood blank there is very  picky and twice they did not accept our donors because they were O positive....and they did not want O positive... guess they had a surplus of it.. 
  • We have no experience there during covid so I do not know if they have special rules now.

I found the roof top pool and spa to be very nice and clean. Heated pool, cabanas with fluffy towels. My only complaint is that the Margaritas seemed on the skimpy side. Maybe it is a medical thing. Actually when I think about it, both the towels and the bedsheets could be improved with a higher thread count. Still, the turn down service and premium chocolate on the pillow will always be a classic.