Chapala.com Webboard

Fungus

#HarryB

Does anyone have something that really works? We have tried everything, we think! We even tried an old recipe by one of the highly respected oldtimer gardeners. 

Our gardenias are almost dying. The hibiscus croniclly have yellow leaves. We are taking off the infected leaves and keeping the pots clean. Roses and hydrangeas are infected and the granada too.  Bird of Paradise seem immune

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, #HarryB said:

Does anyone have something that really works? We have tried everything, we think! We even tried an old recipe by one of the highly respected oldtimer gardeners. 

Our gardenias are almost dying. The hibiscus croniclly have yellow leaves. We are taking off the infected leaves and keeping the pots clean. Roses and hydrangeas are infected and the granada too.  Bird of Paradise seem immune

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been experimenting with fresh coconut water that I buy locally, diluted 100 ml to 1 litre of water and sprayed on foliage with a pump up sprayer. It so far has controlled it on hydrangeas, rosemary and mostly controlled on poinsettia tree. 

In Canada I used trichoderma fungi germinated as well as Japanese knotweed watery infusion.

We have a poinsettia tree that starts out each year looking great.  It is currently in full bloom, but as usual, the leaves have white spots all over them which I guess is a fungus.  We've tried all kinds of sprays, cutting it back, and still it looks terrible even though it has beautiful red blooms.  Could it be that it just isn't getting enough full sun or does that have anything to do with it?  We've seen many Poinsettia trees around town thriving on neglect.  Ideas???

Harry we had the same problem with the gardenia.. I assumed it was the heavy rain we had that drowned it but I do not know.. The gardner who is very good could not figure it out and we cut the gardenisa to sticks and I am waiting to see if it will take off again but it was a strange one.. Only one type of gardenia got afeected and the other plants did not so it may have been a different cause but the plant went very quickly from the  blooming stage to yellow...

On 10/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, #HarryB said:

The leaves turn from green to green with yellow spots. Then they go totally yellow, eventually the plant dies.

Thanks for the ideas!

Harry

I had noticed my Plumeria tree had a tan colored funk on the bottom sides of the leaves and were falling off so I got whats in the picture and its coming back so hopefully this will help you.

123141187_854876708384864_2683795609092359120_n.jpg