Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Weekly Increases in Covid Cases in Chapala


Recommended Posts

Weekly case increases between July 2nd and Oct. 29th in Chapala. Data from Official Jalisco State Government Covid site, https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/

Date             Cases       New Weekly Cases

July 2nd         33            -

July 9th          36             3

July  16th       37              1

July  23rd       41             4

July 30th        43             2

Aug. 6th          52             9

Aug. 13th        61              9

Aug. 20th        74            13

Aug. 27th         87           13

Sept. 3rd          94            7

Sept. 10th        98            4

Sept. 17th       112           14

Sept. 24th      123           11

Oct. 1st           133           10

Oct. 8th          148           15

Oct. 15th        157             9

Oct. 22nd       171           14

Oct. 29th        188             17

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't mean much unless the corresponding weekly testing rate is also shown.  We know the number of actual cases far exceeds the known cases.  We also know the testing rate is increasing.

Also, how many of these cases are expats?

I've yet to see much information on WHERE people are encountering and contracting covid.  From other places it appears that most cases are contracted at home.  Are people getting covid in Walmart, Costco, Soriana with all their precautions?  If not, why are they being closed?

From other places it appears bars and public gatherings are the most hazardous followed by restaurants.  From those places I've seen nothing that suggests going to a big box with all the precautions they are applying is a likely place to contract covid.

Let's try to shed more light and less fear on this topic.  Even if the local authorities don't chose to do so.

  • Sad 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

This doesn't mean much unless the corresponding weekly testing rate is also shown.  We know the number of actual cases far exceeds the known cases.  We also know the testing rate is increasing.

Also, how many of these cases are expats?

I've yet to see much information on WHERE people are encountering and contracting covid.  From other places it appears that most cases are contracted at home.  Are people getting covid in Walmart, Costco, Soriana with all their precautions?  If not, why are they being closed?

From other places it appears bars and public gatherings are the most hazardous followed by restaurants.  From those places I've seen nothing that suggests going to a big box with all the precautions they are applying is a likely place to contract covid.

Let's try to shed more light and less fear on this topic.  Even if the local authorities don't chose to do so.

asking rhetorical questions then assuming your own answers is not helping. i see no fear spreading. if that is what bisbee is doing what about the millions of tv and web reports in the last 7 months. just the facts as we can get them

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what qualifying data looks like:

Low Risk: 1
Opening the mail
 
Low Risk: 2
Getting restaurant takeout
Pumping gasoline
Playing tennis
Going camping
 
Low-Moderate Risk: 3
Grocery shopping
Going for a walk, run, or bike ride with others
Playing golf
 
Low-Moderate Risk: 4
Staying at a hotel for two nights
Sitting in a doctor’s waiting room
Going to a library or museum
Eating in a restaurant (outside)
Walking in a busy downtown
Spending an hour at a playground
 
Moderate Risk: 5
Having dinner at someone else’s house
Attending a backyard barbecue
Going to a beach
Shopping at a mall
 
Moderate Risk: 6
Sending kids to school, camp, or day care
Working a week in an office building
Swimming in a public pool
Visiting an elderly relative or friend in their home
 
Moderate-High Risk: 7
Going to a hair salon or barbershop
Eating in a restaurant (inside)
Attending a wedding or funeral
Traveling by plane
Playing basketball
Playing football
Hugging or shaking hands when greeting a friend
 
High Risk: 8
Eating at a buffet
Working out at a gym
Going to an amusement park
Going to a movie theater
 
High Risk: 9
Attending a large music concert
Going to a sports stadium
Attending a religious service with 500-plus worshipers
Going to a bar
 
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is NOT meant to be argumentative.   I'm not sure of the value of someone(s) trying to define something this finely. IMO the average person is not going to wade through 9 levels of risk and be able to decipher what it might mean to them to be doing something at Level 5 vs Level 6.... because there probably isn't any measurable difference in reality.  Just list things in order from Low to moderate to high seems more reasonable (to me). Calling it a 4 vs a 6 ads nothing.

BTW, to aide in 'qualifying', it appears that this list was developed by the Texas Medical Association COVID-19 Task Force and 'just' reported by the Hartford Healthcare System....

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 8:19 AM, Mainecoons said:

Posting unqualified data accomplishes just what other than to create fear?

 

Excuse me but you are wrong.  The numbers are very useful to me.  As long as you use the same method to calculate the numbers which they do it is very useful. Whats with you and fear?  I have no fear from these numbers.   Keep it to yourself moderator and let us decide whether something is useful or not.  Thanks Bisbee for posting these numbers.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear nothing but there seems to be a lot of fear in this expat community despite their success in almost universally avoiding covid.  That fear is being manifested by constantly obsessing over what others are doing or not doing and over unqualified numbers which are truly minimal when expressed as a percent of the population.

As an engineer I know that unqualified numbers tend to distort reality and indeed this is a common tactic among those that seek to influence using them.  I am not wrong I just don't agree with your opinion.  We have no idea what method is being used or how many of these cases are really about contributing causes because that is not being reported here. 

I personally know of 5 cases all but one of which were quickly ended using the combination of hydroxy/zith/zinc.  The one was not able to start the treatment before the covid was well along. 

If one doesn't listen to those who have a political agenda wrapped up in what should be only a medical situation, it is easier to keep things in perspective and not allow oneself to be misled from treatments that work.  Or be sold containment strategies that don't work and that are really about exercising power and control.

Since you addressed me specifically LCScats, I have a question for you.  Why do so many people here get so angry and personal when they encounter an opinion that they do not agree with?

In another vein, interesting report here:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/minister-sidesteps-question-on-nonessential-travel-at-northern-border/

Despite official policies it appears the border isn't all that closed.  A group of my motorcycle riding friends had no problem getting into Mexico from Texas last week.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Why do so many people here get so angry and personal when they encounter an opinion that they do not agree with?

They know that soon the last word will be written and the thread locked. Some opinions are more important than others.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

They know that soon the last word will be written and the thread locked. Some opinions are more important than others.

Yup. I think all the usual bases have been covered. The next post needs to work in  “his” college students and the apartment in Guadalajara, THEN the thread can be locked. 😆

  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know of several cases being diagnosed as COVID-19 by a local doctor that lots of people go to.  They were devastated. Then other symptoms appeared, come to find out they did not have Covid but dengue.   Of course reported as COVID-19. So the numbers could vary either way.  Better to be safe and follow guidelines.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, AngusMactavish said:

They know that soon the last word will be written and the thread locked. Some opinions are more important than others.

Having your pain in advance Angus?  Little snark there Xena

You two have demonstrated exactly what gets threads locked.  You both might want to consider the concept of self fulfilling prophecies.

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

You two have demonstrated exactly what gets threads locked.  You both might want to consider the concept of self fulfilling prophecies.

The projectionist too has an opinion.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

I know of several cases being diagnosed as COVID-19 by a local doctor that lots of people go to.  They were devastated. Then other symptoms appeared, come to find out they did not have Covid but dengue.   Of course reported as COVID-19. So the numbers could vary either way.  Better to be safe and follow guidelines.

Baloney.  Cases do not get reported as Covid on either the State or Federal level without a positive Covid test from a hospital or certified lab.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 4:50 PM, daisy2013 said:

Well supposedly his lab is

"Supposedly" shouldn't be presented as fact. You said in the previous post "Of course reported as COVID". Really? Do you have access to this doctor's reports? 

And I'm not sure how a doctor misdiagnoses dengue for COVID. The symptoms really aren't the same, aside from fever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mudgirl said:

"Supposedly" shouldn't be presented as fact. You said in the previous post "Of course reported as COVID". Really? Do you have access to this doctor's reports? 

And I'm not sure how a doctor misdiagnoses dengue for COVID. The symptoms really aren't the same, aside from fever. 

The bottom line is they were diagnosed as COVID-19 by well known local doctor.  Most know who he is, most go to him which is why they went.    When other systems developed they went to someone else.  This is when they were told of dengue.

I will not say his name   If you want to know pm me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

The bottom line is they were diagnosed as COVID-19 by well known local doctor.  Most know who he is, most go to him which is why they went.    When other systems developed they went to someone else.  This is when they were told of dengue.

I will not say his name   If you want to know pm me.

 

You get diagnosed with Covid when you get a positive result from a Covid test done in a hospital or certified lab.  Period.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...