Chapala.com Webboard

32 inch smart tv info-por favor

26 minutes ago, Upfront said:

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/whch710n/v1/en/contents/TP0002752778.html

This headset is bluetooth only. But two BT devices can hook up at the same time, so you can easily switch between say the TV and another devices (yes, like a cell phone).

They do not have a base, just a USB charging device. Most WiFi or RF headsets for home theaters have a base that has inputs'outputs for physical jacks, like RCAs.

Here is the tricky part. Some TVs, regardless of BT, allow you to plug in one outboard speaker set up. And will move the sound from whatever channel you are watching, to that speaker. A speaker like your soundbar. BUT they won't allow two devices being output at the same time, which means buying a switch box. A lot also depends on whether you are using a satellite or cable box, and how the audio gets into your TV, and if your TV will simply pass that audio out.

I am told on the Web that the 7400 series has Bluetooth, but I could find no specific mention of it in the specs. https://www.samsung.com/ca/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/nu7400-55-inch-crystal-uhd-smart-tv-un55nu7400fxzc/#specs

A Google for Samsungs with BT got me a few choices, two of which are Samsung, neither of which are on WalMart MXs page.

https://tvmates.com/tv-with-bluetooth/

Your question was easy. The answer is hard. Mostly because you got BT headphones. I would have recommended Sennheiser RCs.

Another pointer: going to the Audio settings screen will tell you whether that model has BT or not. That is of course no good unless you have access to the set, right? Maybe not. This review Website usually shows every single setup screen for every single model. But I leave you to it. https://www.samsung.com/ca/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/nu7400-55-inch-crystal-uhd-smart-tv-un55nu7400fxzc/#specs

All I can tell you now is you will have to surf through the various models for yourself.

This info is from Samsung's BT TV Webpage.

If your TV came with a Smart Remote, it supports Bluetooth - that's how the Smart Remote pairs to the TV.

• You can only pair one Bluetooth audio device at a time.

• You can't use Bluetooth devices and the Wi-Fi Speaker Surround Setup feature (also called Surround), or TV SoundConnect simultaneously.

• Compatibility issues may occur, depending on the Bluetooth device. For instance, some Bluetooth headphones are designed for mobile devices exclusively and won't pair with a TV.

• Lip-sync errors may occur.

• The TV and Bluetooth device may disconnect, depending on the distance between them.

• A Bluetooth device may hum or malfunction:

• When a part of your body is in contact with the receiving or transmitting system of the Bluetooth device or the TV.

• When the device is subject to electrical variation from obstructions caused by a wall, corner, or office partitioning.

• When the device is exposed to eletrical interference from same frequency-band devices including medical equipment, microwave ovens, and wireless LANs.

Thanks for your extensive research. I just had a discussion again with Merriman who said to wait until I  get the headphones and he will try a bluetooth adapter on the smart tv we have now. Failing that, we would have to get a newer smart tv which he has agreed to find for us. I offered to pay him for that service of course.

• 1 month later...

Michael Merriman is a genius. He got us a 32" JVC smart TV for $3500mp. Then he fiddled and diddled around for over 2 hours and got my Sennheiser to work through the new TV for everything not just Shaw. so now my wife can turn the sound bar down as low as she wants and I can turn my hearing device as loud as I want when we watch movies on Prime or DVD player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Michael Merriman is a genius. He got us a 32" JVC smart TV for $3500mp. Then he fiddled and diddled around for over 2 hours and got my Sennheiser to work through the new TV for everything not just Shaw. so now my wife can turn the sound bar down as low as she wants and I can turn my hearing device as loud as I want when we watch movies on Prime or DVD player.

Mike is a valuable resource for the Lake area. Genius and muy amable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1