Chapala.com Webboard

32 inch smart tv info-por favor

Will shop at Soriana or Walmart for a Samsung smart tv in which i can use blue tooth earphones and my wife can listen through the sound bar. Your experience? I need to use the earphone for a hearing impairment so that my wife can listen to normal sound while I use them to listen to the level I need.

If you have a bluetooth device for your hearing aids, it should simply plug into a USB outlet on the back of your TV, and transmit to your hearing aids with no interference to normal speaker operations, as it has its own volume control to wear around your neck.  I have such an arrangement, and used it with a 40" smart TV, purchased at Coppel in Chapala in about 2013. It will work with any TV's USB outlet. It was provided by the VA Audiology lab,  so I have no source data for you.

• Sad 1

The TV itself will not have a BT option. I would look for a TV that has an audio-out jack (many don't). Failing that, you will have to buy something as RV says. And then probably also some extra box from Steren to convert the various ins and outs and cables into your new device. A lot depends on the type of headphones (device) and the jacks it employs, whether you have a cable or satellite box, and whether you will need an AB switch box.

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

If you have a bluetooth device for your hearing aids, it should simply plug into a USB outlet on the back of your TV, and transmit to your hearing aids with no interference to normal speaker operations, as it has its own volume control to wear around your neck.  I have such an arrangement, and used it with a 40" smart TV, purchased at Coppel in Chapala in about 2013. It will work with any TV's USB outlet. It was provided by the VA Audiology lab,  so I have no source data for you.

Won't work for both my new soon to be arriving wireless bluetooth headphones, not hearing aids, and  existing sound bar simultaneously. Michael Merrimen is my source for the tech info as to what I need to get. Our present smart tv can't do it, according to Michael, so we will donate it to Have Hammers.

3 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Michael tried all sorts of devices like this to help out his father who is a member here and they wouldn't work on a smart tv requiring both. I am looking for a smart tv  as I described and asked for info on -por favor. Nothing else. Michael is a pro experienced with these tech matters. He told me what I need to purchase.

3 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Some Samsung TVs come with Bluetooth remotes and therefore may work with other BT devices. But I certainly don't have a catolog of which ones.

The reason I am asking for others experience on here is that I  doubt the clerks have enough knowledge about what I require. I have researched the Samsung and Amazon sites but may not find the up to date unit here unless the clerk or one of you can tell me which model is available in S or W. Only those 2 because I can only access them because of my other disabilities.

You are right, the clerks generally have no clue. WalMart's Website lists all their offerings, with specs and links, so even if it is not in our local Mart you can order it. CostCo has a bigger selection of "hot" gear, but their Website is useless.

When I got my last TV I cruised the aisles, photographing potentials, then went online to get the deets. It's the only way, I'm guessing. No one around here stores that kind of encyclopedic knowledge.

• Like 1

Have you considered a 1/8 mic splitter? That should solve both your problems. We have done that so if I want to listen I can use headphones and if my wife or both of us want to listen we use our surround sound system without having to get up and change plugs. Most, if not all TV's, smart of not, cut off sound to other sources when you plug into the external sound mic outlet. If you can't find it locally try amazon mx or mercado libre, or??? Gabriel at Computerland in Riberas. If he does not have one he can no doubt get you one.

6 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

You are right, the clerks generally have no clue. WalMart's Website lists all their offerings, with specs and links, so even if it is not in our local Mart you can order it. CostCo has a bigger selection of "hot" gear, but their Website is useless.

When I got my last TV I cruised the aisles, photographing potentials, then went online to get the deets. It's the only way, I'm guessing. No one around here stores that kind of encyclopedic knowledge.

Gracias I will try that and ask for Merriman's advice which I did with the head set I just bought on sale on Amazon. I will look at what's available at S and W in the stores here and then get his advice . He sets things up for me once I have bought them. I am by and large an electronic entertainment devices techno dummy.

6 hours ago, dave0415 said:

Have you considered a 1/8 mic splitter? That should solve both your problems. We have done that so if I want to listen I can use headphones and if my wife or both of us want to listen we use our surround sound system without having to get up and change plugs. Most, if not all TV's, smart of not, cut off sound to other sources when you plug into the external sound mic outlet. If you can't find it locally try amazon mx or mercado libre, or??? Gabriel at Computerland in Riberas. If he does not have one he can no doubt get you one.

Won't work because we need both simultaneous.

4 hours ago, dave0415 said:

You get both simultaneously with this method. We just use it as 2 systems because the surround sound system has a separate on/off switch but the headphones are on all the time.

Tried that and it doesn't work. I just want the info about smart tv's as  posted in my OP nothing else.  I  have a professional[Michael Merriman] advising me on the tech stough.

A Roku smart tv will have the ability to listen via headphones through your smartphone. You download the Roku app and plug your headphones into your phone. However, there will be no sound from the tv itself so not the solution you are looking for. Perfect for just you...maybe twin tv's?

Just now, pappysmarket said:

A Roku smart tv will have the ability to listen via headphones through your smartphone. You download the Roku app and plug your headphones into your phone. However, there will be no sound from the tv itself so not the solution you are looking for. Perfect for just you...maybe twin tv's?

Why is everyone going off on useless tangents instead of answering my simple question. I guess that just ain't going to happen here. For cell I have a flip phone,no stinkin' smart phone will ever enter this house,in any event, or apps like roku. This has been the most useless post so far. I  guess I have wasted my time here trying to get an answer to my actual question.

• Sad 1

This article is specifically for SONY TV's "how to get sound from headphones and speakers at the same time" ... https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00049501

Will your wife not wear headphones? That would be the best solution, imho, because each set of headphones has its own individual volume control...

https://www.techlicious.com/guide/best-ways-to-watch-tv-with-headphones/

55 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Why is everyone going off on useless tangents instead of answering my simple question. I guess that just ain't going to happen here. For cell I have a flip phone,no stinkin' smart phone will ever enter this house,in any event, or apps like roku. This has been the most useless post so far. I  guess I have wasted my time here trying to get an answer to my actual question.

...Snork!

I give up. Appears there is no useful experience to what I asked here.

3 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Tell me what your BT headphones are. Can only start from there.

Sony wireless headphones WHCH710N. The correct compatible TV I  am looking for is a Samsung brand which would be available at S or W.

28 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Lip-sync errors may occur.

For me that's the worst part about Bluetooth. Lips are moving but no sound for a second or so. With music it's no problem. For a tv show it sucks.

YMMV

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

Never left and proud of it. Yet unlike some I am able to answer  simple straightforward questions. Do all those non luddite gizmos and the crap that goes with them addle the brain to the point where nothing else is of import?

Classic example of "Virtue signalling". Keep going, don't interrupt him.