Chapala.com Webboard

Mail in voting deadline passed

AndyPanda

For those following and mailing in their ballots through the various methods provided here for expats, the news last night reports the deadline has been reached. The story also said that even though many states require stamps, most will deliver even without. It also went into great detail about how careful they are being when verifying signatures, ignoring ballots without safety envelopes, that kind of thing.

• Thanks 1

Misinformation? That's quite a thing to say. I was speaking specifically of mail in ballots. As broadcast on US network news. Reporting from and for the postal service.

I don't know anything about balloting by courier. From what I can see on votefromabroad.com, much of the information is now out of date.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Me thinks that if anyone from Abroad somehow hasn't voted by now they are s out of luck unless they fly 'home' and personally walk their ballot to their poll station. 

Not hardly.  More than 1/2 the states allow Overseas Voters to vote electronically.