Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Laguna mall food court


Recommended Posts

Why do you think 95 percent of the population might die from Coronavirus if restaurants don't close at by 7.  The restaurants at Lakeside are busiest between 3 and 5.  So, how again does keeping them open during their busiest hours and making them close up early so they don't make enough profit to survive, how is that stopping the spread of Covid?  All it does is hurt the average Mexican worker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Why do you think 95 percent of the population might die from Coronavirus if restaurants don't close at by 7.  .....

I think that if you go back and reread the Post you will see that no one said anything about  95% of the population dying from Coronavirus BUT RATHER that 95% of the restaurants in SJC could be wiped out. BIG difference.  Possibly a good prediction if the shutdown were to last for longer than is now suggested.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Upfront said:

why do you think closing early will wipe out 95 percent of the businesses is a better question

I think that is a question for Lakeside7.  But shortening the hours can't seriously be the answer.  That just crowds more people together at the same times.  All the people that were going out to eat or shop at 8 or 9 must now do so earlier at the same time when the 5 or 6 o'clock people are out there.  The weekend shoppers are now forced to shop along side the weekday shoppers.  Shortening is not the key, they should be lengthening the hours so more people can come at different times so they can avoid large gatherings.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RickS said:

I think that if you go back and reread the Post you will see that no one said anything about  95% of the population dying from Coronavirus BUT RATHER that 95% of the restaurants in SJC could be wiped out. BIG difference.  Possibly a good prediction if the shutdown were to last for longer than is now suggested.  

Check out post number 7 by upfront.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As dicho said, most of the business at the restaurants on the curves is done early anyway. The traffic going home and returning to Guadalajara at 6pm attests to that.I certainly don't want businesses to suffer, and I can only say I am glad it is not up to me to come up with workable solutions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you really think about it you can see the logic being used. You may not agree with it. You may think it is not effective. But do not pretend it makes no sense. For example, the people who eat in the evening are not suddenly going to rush out to eat at 5. We have friends who bemoaned being unable to dine with us because we “eat too early” — and this was in the Before Times. They could not imagine eating before 8 p.m. it’s a way of life.  If you think about the weekend restrictions they are designed to discourage tapitios from coming here. It may not be a perfect plan. You might think that in your extraordinary wisdom you would know exactly the right thing to do, but not everyone who thinks differently from you is stupid.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Xena said:

Snip.......If you think about the weekend restrictions they are designed to discourage tapitios from coming here.

I suspect that the Governor did not think twice about Tapitios driving to Lakeside when he/they developed these restrictions. "We" always think that 'we' are the center of the Universe but 'we' are only a small and somewhat insignificant fraction of the population.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickS said:

I suspect that the Governor did not think twice about Tapitios driving to Lakeside when he/they developed these restrictions. "We" always think that 'we' are the center of the Universe but 'we' are only a small and somewhat insignificant fraction of the population.

Chapala Municipality adjusted some components of the governor’s plan as I am sure other municipal leaders did. I was speaking of Chapala’s order which is the only one with which I am concerned. “We” are not always the smartest people in the room although “we” love to think we are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Why do you think 95 percent of the population might die from Coronavirus if restaurants don't close at by 7.

 

4 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

All the people that were going out to eat or shop at 8 or 9 must now do so earlier at the same time when the 5 or 6 o'clock people are out there.  The weekend shoppers are now forced to shop along side the weekday shoppers.

This is the problem with non-lateral thinkers, that they can't think beyond exactly what is presented. The point is that less people are likely to spread or contract the virus if hours of operation are limited. Because the majority of people don't work on Saturday afternoons and Sundays, families tend to make a day of shopping an "activity". Most of what they are doing isn't essential shopping, they are just browsing around, having lunch while out and about, etc. So instead of Mom, Dad, the kids and Grandma wandering around in Walmart or a mall or Costco for hours, if one family member goes out during the week to buy the needed groceries, and other essential things, that results in many less people congregating in public places.

And people who go out for a night of dining and drinking aren't going to shift that activity to 5-7 PM. They are much more likely to eat and drink at home.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xena said:

Chapala Municipality adjusted some components of the governor’s plan as I am sure other municipal leaders did. I was speaking of Chapala’s order which is the only one with which I am concerned. “We” are not always the smartest people in the room although “we” love to think we are.

Beauty!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...