Chapala.com Webboard

The lake level is very low this year

cedros

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

Then there's a whole lot of publications and videos that have his name written incorrectly.

Actually, mostly boards like this. Having met the man and read several of his treatises, I felt it was only polite to point out the correct spelling. It is natural for people to assume Strong with an R when they hear the name, because it is not something we usually hear.

2 hours ago, handfaf said:

So all this BS name spelling is going to change WHAT?.   Just be thankful the lake has water in it.   Time to change boards frankly this board is boring. 

It may very well be boring, but I think accuracy in all things mentioned is important, especially in a wasteland of opinions, factoids (please, look up the correct meaning of that word), and misinformation.

2 hours ago, handfaf said:

So all this BS name spelling is going to change WHAT?.   Just be thankful the lake has water in it.   Time to change boards frankly this board is boring. 

Well, if you don't have the correct name, it's hard to find the articles and videos that he's written. Like this one done with Open Circle...

Then there's this article which thanks Dr. TOM STRONG... https://www.expatsinmexico.com/the-safety-and-health-of-lake-chapala/

I don't "know" AndyPanda because it appears that he/she's a newbie. However, I do trust Tony Burton.

It just makes it VERY hard to find correct information when the author's name is acknowledged incorrectly. THAT was my point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Well, if you don't have the correct name, it's hard to find the articles and videos that he's written. Like this one done with Open Circle...

Then there's this article which thanks Dr. TOM STRONG... https://www.expatsinmexico.com/the-safety-and-health-of-lake-chapala/

I don't "know" AndyPanda because it appears that he/she's a newbie. However, I do trust Tony Burton.

It just makes it VERY hard to find correct information when the author's name is acknowledged incorrectly. THAT was my point.

No dog in this game (actually 3 rescue dogs but that is another story), but this is a 2009 video...how can it be relevant to this conversation?

59 minutes ago, Ferret said:

WAS that your point, though? I don't know you, either, but you seemed to make more of a point by suggesting that I was somehow incapable of being correct. I refer you to your own earlier post: "AndyPanda... please google Dr. Todd StRong + Chapala... "

That was my point. End story. You first made the point about his name in another thread but never went into more detail nor did anyone else question your assertion. I wanted to know for sure what his name was and that's all. It's a shame that this was never corrected way back when. Dr. Todd Stong is one of the most knowledgeable people about the lake that I know about and deserves the kudos.

Gosh, you are right. Cedros carried this thread over. But why would you want to see how many hits I got, when I am the one who used the name properly first?  Looked like you were correcting my spelling, actually. Guess I was wrong there, as well.

By the way, rest what case? I did not Google Strong at any point. Especially since I also know Tony Burton, and he backed me up.

All in all, this is really quite silly. I offer up the correct spelling of a worthy man's name, and I end up in this quagmire. I begin to see quite clearly why so many people dislike this board.

• Like 1