Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Bill

virgogirl

Hello Helpful People:

Today I received my Telmex bill in the mail. I have been paying 399.00pesos per month for 13 months without any changes and now my bill is 199.00 pesos more for "varios telmex internet inalambrico". 

I don't know why the bill went up 200 pesos when nothing has changed. 

I also noticed the bill came quite a bit earlier than usual. Is anyone else experiencing an unusual Telmex bill?

A friend of mine told me this has been happening to her since she moved, and what she does is pays wehat she knows is her normal rate. She goes to OXXO and tells them to charge her that instead of what the bill actually says. In her case the bill is in her landlord's name and she has the hardwired service. I am not able to be hooked up to normal Telmex service, so because of my failed workorder, I was offered WILINK 2 which is simply wifi. I guess the TElmex office in Ajijic is still closed. Does anyone know if the office in GDL is open? Has anyone had success in calling an 800 number and getting anyone to help in English? I speak Spanish well enough, but often cannot understand what I'm hearing back.

I agree. I can see them limiting hours, but it is hard to get things straighted out. I'm very afraid if I dont pay the extra 200 pesos for "varios", whatever that refers to, then they may cut me off. Without any personal service, I may be in a much bigger mess. I cringe, thinking about calling the 800 number but suppose I must try it. What are people doing who need new setup service?

Thanks dichosalocura. I may try that. I want to share that I googled telmex.com and i found an email address telmexsoluciona@telmex.com. I wrote to them in spanish. I will report back if I get a reply. I just read the fine fine print that says when you pay the 599.00 it permits you to enjoy the services and products of Telmex and gives you a line of credit to the telmex Tienda.  Since they are not open, and then they start attaching these charges, many people will probably pay it because they fear losing the service which without the office being open poses a bigger nightmare. I was posting to see if anyone else had the same issue but not getting anyone reporting that, thankfully. 

I am reporting back with a positive outcome. I wrote in Spanish to solucionatelmex@telmex.com. They responded by email shortly after asking for my cell number. This morning a man called and spoke to me in English as I had requested in the email as I dont hear as well as I speak spanish. He said there was a mistake that I bought a Telmex product on internet, and he spent about 45 minutes fixing/reverssing the charge in the system. I had to wait patiently while he fixed it, and he checked in often on the phone to say he was still working on it. He said at the end the account will be back to normal in 72 hours and that I will get a call to confirm that. So before the 3rd of next month I will be able to pay the normal amount I always pay without worrying about shutoff. 

I hope this will help anyone in the same situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, lakeside7 said:

It is inexcusable for the Aijijic to remain closed and besides the payment machine outside was not working early Wednesday morning..urg

Heads up...there IS staff in the Ajijic office and they can be contacted via WhatsApp at 3315209621.  Hours are 8am to 2pm. 

In my experience, if you hit them up early enough in the day they will get back to you same day.  Otherwise, the following day.  They have helped me with billing issues and exchanging a dead router.  Not sure, but perhaps alerting them to a problem with the payment machine could help speed its repair.  Anyway, it's another contact option for Telmex.  

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, donenrique said:

Heads up...there IS staff in the Ajijic office and they can be contacted via WhatsApp at 3315209621.  Hours are 8am to 2pm. 

In my experience, if you hit them up early enough in the day they will get back to you same day.  Otherwise, the following day.  They have helped me with billing issues and exchanging a dead router.  Not sure, but perhaps alerting them to a problem with the payment machine could help speed its repair.  Anyway, it's another contact option for Telmex.  

That's interesting to know. Thks

On 10/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, lakeside7 said:

It is inexcusable for the Aijijic to remain closed and besides the payment machine outside was not working early Wednesday morning..urg

Last time the payment machine overcharged me but gave me a credit for the next month. I guess it didn'thave the right change. The office should open-it usually soon it isn't overly busy insiide. 

• 1 month later...