Chapala.com Webboard

Beware of roaming gas companies

bmh

We have been buying gas  from the same company for the last 20 years... We call them when we need gas.. This morning the bell rang and my husband opened the gate with the remote as he cannot walk outside. The friendly English speaking man from the X roaming company came up to the door asking my husband if he needed some gas and they had a great promotion. My husband asked how much gas remained and the man checked and said 21%,, I came up saw it was not the company we call , said no thank you and closed the door. I went t check and the tank clearly  showed 50%,

Beware of the friendly Englih speaking man who sells gas door to door... Another time he showed up and told me that my husband had ordered gas.. I told him , I was the one who ordered gas so no thanks...

I have used the same company for 17 years.  After about five years my gas guy, honest and dependable, moved over to another company.  However the man who replaced him has been equally honest and dependable.  I call his personal cell and he comes as soon as he can, depending on where he is at that moment.  Never ever had a problem.  We are, after all these years, on a first name basis and exchange pleasantries, see how he and his family are doing, especially now.  Things are tough even though he has a secure job.  And likewise with his assistant.

There are one or two "roaming" guys, for years now. They operate on the same principle as Spam email: they just keep coming over and over and over again until they get a hit. I can't count the number of times I've answered the bell to random gas guys... or picked up yet another business card thrown through the fence.

They often seem to turn up when you actually need gas. They know this. My point being, your "intercept" was probably just timing.

It sounds great especially when you cannot see the tank. In my case , I  buy the gaz and I check it, it is easy as it is close to the driveway,. My husband cannot get ther ebut he does not buy the gaz.. that day the bell rang, he thought it was someone he was waiting for so opened the gate and the gaz guy came in s my husband asked him to check the meter.. We always suspected that this company was cheating people so we did not buy from them  so my husband said thank you.. I went to check the meter just to see and sure enough they were lying. We did  not get gas from them so no big deal but they just confirmed what we thought..