Chapala.com Webboard

Yogurt to die for!

happyjillin

Joaquin who runs the small cremeria type shop in the southwest corner of the Chapala Mercado now sells this by the liter. As it turns out his tia in Mazamitla who makes that wonderful butter and various cheeses also makes this. It is outstanding and totally natural unlike the commercial products-YUM!

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

No masks.

No business.

Joaquin and his cousin wear masks. what was you purpose in posting this basura on what should be a feel good/eat good thread. I guess you had a bad breakfast while I had some yogurt over blueberries and strawberries. All three being bought from small vendors in and around the mercado. I will direct a stale overused cliche to you[Have a nice day]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Joaquin and his cousin wear masks. what was you purpose in posting this basura on what should be a feel good/eat good thread. I guess you had a bad breakfast while I had some yogurt over blueberries and strawberries. All three being bought from small vendors in and around the mercado. I will direct a stale overused cliche to you[Have a nice day]

I, like most others, I would think, go to this web board for advice or to provide a meaningful response to a post with accurate information.  Protocol would normally dictate that the response is directed specifically to the originating post.  But then there's "happyjillin" who, over the years simply gets more and more Narcissistic with virtually every responding post.  There have to be others who feel as I do?  The constant "Highjacking" from what can be best described as being from an individual who suffers from extreme insecurity.  Obvious evidence of a borderline personality with underlying Schizophrenia.  

He needs help but, at the moment,  should be thanked for the "no mask" warning.  That information is, at least, useful!  I'm so tired of his Neurosis that, for me,  he's now permanently blocked.  Maybe others should do the same and the Derangement will gradually dissipate. 

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Carnivore said:

I, like most others, I would think, go to this web board for advice or to provide a meaningful response to a post with accurate information.  Protocol would normally dictate that the response is directed specifically to the originating post.  But then there's "happyjillin" who, over the years simply gets more and more Narcissistic with virtually every responding post.  There have to be others who feel as I do?  The constant "Highjacking" from what can be best described as being from an individual who suffers from extreme insecurity.  Obvious evidence of a borderline personality with underlying Schizophrenia.  

He needs help but, at the moment,  should be thanked for the "no mask" warning.  That information is, at least, useful!  I'm so tired of his Neurosis that, for me,  he's now permanently blocked.  Maybe others should do the same and the Derangement will gradually dissipate. 

Confusing, as to whom made the OP and who made the mask warning.  Seems to be reversed from what I see???

• Like 1

OP posted information about a vendor in the Market selling yogurt. He expressed his opinion about how good it was.  Seems like a relevant post in the LA COCINA forum of this web board. 

The second poster decided to lecture everyone about masks which had absolutely nothing to do with the original post which is about yogurt.

Personally, at my age I don't need to be lectured to about where I should or should not do business.  

Maybe the second poster should start a mask wearing post on the Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara forum????

• Thanks 5

Oh, lord, Lost...you have no idea what you may have innocently started. The mask Nazis are already here...even though masks are NOT required outside in the open air, you now have self-appointed gringos who hiss, "MASK!" under their breaths if they pass you and you're not wearing one. Some of us prefer to get as much fresh air as possible, but these DUDley-Do-Rights feel it's their mission to point out the error of everyone else's ways. If you want to try the yoghurt and see they're not wearing masks and that bothers you, then run. Otherwise, enjoy the yoghurt.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

he lectured NO ONE. he posted his position on not going to a place where he saw no masks. why are you making such a big deal out of it? i will not go there either if they dont wear masks.

So it was a wonderful post about yogurt???  NOT   It had nothing to do with the OP's post. 

My suggestion still stands    Maybe the second poster should start a mask wearing post on the Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara forum where they can express their thoughts on the mask subject. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am totally confused. A poster gives a recommendation for a place to get great yogurt. Then another poster says something about masks. After that the whole thread goes to hell including a psychological evaluation of the original poster. I have no idea who is talking about what. Relax, people. Deep breaths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, happyjillin said:

Joaquin who runs the small cremeria type shop in the southwest corner of the Chapala Mercado now sells this by the liter. As it turns out his tia in Mazamitla who makes that wonderful butter and various cheeses also makes this. It is outstanding and totally natural unlike the commercial products-YUM!

my informative OP which brought a bunch of nasty trolls out from under their rocks.-SNORK! and a giant guffaw!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:29 AM, oregontochapala said:

No masks.

No business.

Here is the post of which you speak senor upfront and there is no mention of any store now is there. Maybe YOU should be starting a mask thread with a minimum number of words per post which seems to be to your liking.

• Confused 1

Good post Mx. C. You know my battles with Pedro the Magnificent go back 15 years. But he was right when he wrote that the yogurt was worth dieing for - but I don't think he had Covid 19 in mind as the cause of death! Also, are products which use unpasteurised milk worth dieing for?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

it's the best yogurt I've had here. i have it at home for breakfast so I don't wear a mask.-SNORK!

6 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

I have a life unlike far too many on this board and I certainly am not going to read beyond the first and last comments because they're likely to be just so much bullhockey.

I went to the Mercado very early on the day this was posted and there was ONE, one mask on one vendor in the entire interior of the mercado and that was worn on the chin by the oldest butcher at the first carneceria upon entering.

Neither Joaquin nor his helper were wearing masks and when Joaquin, who I happen to like very much, greeted me by name and said "Long time no see", I told him my reason for not shopping at the mercado. No masks. No business. Perhaps he took a hint and put it on before Pedro bought his yogurt. 

I recently commented on our experience as well as a close friend's at Quality Care with masks not being worn. We all three wrote letters to our providers detailing why we did not feel safe keeping appointments there. Since then, we have received letters of apology from QC letting us know that the problem has been corrected and welcoming us back. That is good business and shows concern for the well-being of others, and we shall all return.

As long as people justify what goes against all that science knows about this pandemic, it will never go away. And, as long as some people find the unacceptable acceptable they continue to put themselves and others at risk of what is a deadly disease for most of us. Some of you may be blind to what is going on around you, some of you may just be lucky. The reality is, on any given day in this area the percentage of people properly wearing masks if at all is low. Me? I choose to steer clear of all the old gringo men with noses drooping over the tops of their masks (yea, far too many of you don't keep your beaks covered), any vendors and service providers not wearing masks, and all congested areas. Apparently, I am one of the few on this board who couldn't live with myself if I brought Covid home to my loved one.

Adios. Flame on. Your opinions aren't worth doodly-squat to me.

It appears that you've isolated yourself too long turning an innocent post about yummy yogurt into yet one more thread about  yours and some others obsession on here. That is a life??JAJAJAJA!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1