Chapala.com Webboard

Passport renewal

dcstroker

My passport is due for renewal the beginning of November. I've visited the website, printed the forms and need to make an appointment. I have the phone # for the embassy but when I call I get a recording asking for my pin#. What's this and where would I get one.

8 hours ago, dcstroker said:

Thanks for the replies. I did e-mail the consulate and was told that they are basically closed except for emergencies. Since we  don't know when we'll be able to go back north I'll just wait to renew.

The US Consulate in Guadalajara opened about 3 1/2 weeks ago. My wife and I were there on Friday. She did her 10 year B-1 visa - first everything by their website and the appointment they confirmed by E-mail was at an office several blocks away, not in the consulate, for her interview. The small office had painted on the window Austrailian Government and the sign with the American Consulate General outside stated it was temporary.

13 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

The US Consulate in Guadalajara opened about 3 1/2 weeks ago. My wife and I were there on Friday. She did her 10 year B-1 visa - first everything by their website and the appointment they confirmed by E-mail was at an office several blocks away, not in the consulate, for her interview. The small office had painted on the window Austrailian Government and the sign with the American Consulate General outside stated it was temporary.

That's to renew a visa though. On the website for getting a passport and the e-mail reply I received yesterday they state that only emergency passports would be issued and they want to know what the emergency is.