Chapala.com Webboard

UPDATE FOR LCS HEALTH DAYS

LCS will schedule its Health Day(s) the first or second week of November, as soon as Mexico releases the 4 strain flu shot. Other shots to be offered are: the Prevnar 13 for life, (Pneumonia), and the Pneumonia for 5 years. 
Prices are to be determined.
Cash only accepted. Sign-up, pay and receive queue number the day the shot is administered. No advance sign-up.
As soon as the flu shot is released LCS will schedule the health day, so stay tuned to the web page, Facebook and/or call the LCS office for the date. Note it shall be November2020.

Will post as soon as I have additional info.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, LCS Notices said:
LCS will schedule its Health Day(s) the first or second week of November, as soon as Mexico releases the 4 strain flu shot. Other shots to be offered are: the Prevnar 13 for life, (Pneumonia), and the Pneumonia for 5 years. 
Prices are to be determined.
Cash only accepted. Sign-up, pay and receive queue number the day the shot is administered. No advance sign-up.
As soon as the flu shot is released LCS will schedule the health day, so stay tuned to the web page, Facebook and/or call the LCS office for the date. Note it shall be November2020.

Will post as soon as I have additional info.

Do you also offer the shingles vaccine? When I lived in Mexico City I was told by a doctor it was not available here. Is that still the case to your knowledge?

7 minutes ago, Guiness said:

We received the shingles vaccine last year here, from Quality Care...

The "new" one?  We've had the older one (Zostavax), but looking for the newer one (Shingrix).  

fyi, Shingrix was approved in very late 2017 and we tried to get it whenever we traveled to the US in 2018 and 2019 and it was never available when (and where) we were there.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The "new" one?  We've had the older one (Zostavax), but looking for the newer one (Shingrix).  

fyi, Shingrix was approved in very late 2017 and we tried to get it whenever we traveled to the US in 2018 and 2019 and it was never available when (and where) we were there.  

Shingrix requires two shots. I think I had to wait 3 months between them, so you'll want to make sure you will be able to get the second one too. 

Also, my arm felt like I had been kicked by a mule after the shots.

• Thanks 1