Chapala.com Webboard

Local Hunger - The FoodBank Begs For Help

I just got this and am passing it on as I have never seen them mentioned here.

121107431_180714700253006_13945836181102

Dear friends of FoodBank Lakeside,
FoodBank Lakeside is in trouble, and we are reaching out to seek your support and input by completing a brief survey. At this time, we can only sustain operations for another couple of weeks. Please read on…

6 hours ago, Colo-Rick said:

The kids may look  dirty, but their clothes are clean and look new.  They look well fed, especially after months of COVID difficulties   ????  

REALLY?!

Who are you to judge? Maybe those are the only clothes they have. Maybe they ran out of food yesterday and that will be their last meal. I just don't get people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Colo-Rick said:

The kids may look  dirty, but their clothes are clean and look new.  They look well fed, especially after months of COVID difficulties   ????  

They look dirty to you?  That is the color of their skin, that doesn't wash off.  Their cloths look new?  The boy is literally wearing ripped up pants.  Don't worry, as they start to look more like holocaust victims, I'm sure we will get more photo images of them in the future.  Maybe then people will see how desperate many people truly are in this area due to poverty and the lockdowns.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lcscats said:

Forget all this bitching people and give money to feed the people!!!!!   It doesn't matter what they look like folks are hungry and I know this for a fact not guessing. Its in our own self interests and the right thing to do.

Please

People who make insensitive and ignorant statements should be called out. We don’t do it instead of donating to the cause but in addition to. 

• Like 2

Some representatives of the foodbank were at the organic market on Tuesday accepting donations and we donated, grateful for their wonderful work. We have adopted a few different families here.....or maybe I should say they adopted us because they sure are wonderful to us.....and we help them with food, cash when necessary and we pay for one families oldest daughters accounting school classes and books. We are not wealthy and basically live off of our SSI and a small pension but compared to the average Mexican person here we are very well off. Those of us on fixed incomes here have not been seriously affected financially with the hardships of Covid-19 but in the states prices on nearly everything have gone up substantially as I witnessed spending 4 1/2 months in Oregon recently. This is a very good opportunity to help our Mexican neighbors if we can and they sure could use it now💓

• Like 5