Chapala.com Webboard

What will be the result of this?

Mainecoons

17 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-poised-become-biggest-legal-080010096.html

Should make some of the local aged hippies happy.  But what will be the impact on the young?

The stuff is so common that it won't make a difference.

• Like 3

Get a grip, teenagers are already well involved in cannabis use. Remember that movie, Tu Mama Tambien? That was in 2001. The only problem might be inexperienced tourists who get hold of the mighty tropical strains not available in the North. With THC levels up to 25%, just one or two puffs please.

Edited by CHILLIN

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

misleading. conveniently forgets canada

from the article, 

Pot still plays a major role in the Mexican drug trade, but its importance has been diminished as legalization in Canada and several U.S. states has dramatically reduced the demand for Mexican pot.

Alejandro Madrazo, a researcher at Mexico's Center for Economic Research and Teaching think tank, said lobbyists from Canada and the United States have played an outsized role in shaping the legislation, which he says would create an "elite gourmet market" that would benefit big corporations and upper-class users.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johanson said:

Gosh. Upfront :) ; You bring back memories of what we teenagers in Seattle thought the best marihuana  in the world was, it was called BC Bud

You have written this before. I think what you are referring to the strain "Big Bud". Very popular in the 1970's. In the 1980's, during the Reagan war on drugs, it was shipped to the Netherlands and breeders tweeked the genetics even more. Sensei seeds took it back to the original. It is an unusual strain because it is an Indica, but has a THC level of 23%. It has been sold under many names, I would call it "Wipe Out", as in surfing. It starts with a euphoric high, like riding a surfboard, then you fall into the comforting peace of the ocean. Sound familiar?

An expert on Pot, I am not. But I do remember that the term we used for what we thought was the best marihuana was BC Bud.  It was cool in those days to let your friends think that you were a pot user, So, I would fib, I do not remember the term "Big Bud"

I might have also mentioned that the age of about 23, I was stationed in the Netherlands for a year (US Army). Marihuana was legal there, so most of us did not want to smoke it anymore. Apparently the only fun thing we found in marihuana was when it was illegal. Gosh we were immature. 

On 10/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, HoneyBee said:

At 87 my mom was so sick and tired of the various aches and pains she had that she asked me to get her some marijuana to see if it would help. Sadly she died before I could arrange a joint for her. ☹️

It does work for pain for a lot of people, but not for all. My experience has been that it just intensifies pain.