Chapala.com Webboard

Why would Canadians return this winter

lakeside7

Given all the loose comments and political BS that is flying around.......... If I were a Canadian, I would think twice / 3 times about coming to Mexico!!... I am corect in thinking that non of the private hospitails are taking Corvis-19 cases in Mexico ?

Cases and mortality by country, compiled by John Hopkins

COUNTRY CONFIRMED DEATHS CASE-FATALITY DEATHS/100K POP.
Mexico 814,328 83,642 10.3% 66.28
US 7,717,932 214,370 2.8% 65.52
United Kingdom 593,565 42,850 7.2% 64.45
Canada 182,767 9,661 5.3% 26.07

21 hours ago, johanson said:

Yes that is what Hazel McCallion told us. She was mayor there from 1978 to 2014  :) 

You know nothing of Pearson Airport, Hazel M nor Mississauga except what you have grabbed from google. My brother lives in Mississauga and I grew up in Etobicoke in a house my father bought in 1954 and I lived in Etobicoke for a time as an adult as well. My school friends and I used to bicycle to the area around the oldest part of Pearson airport and where you park and the taxi's come is still in Etobicoke. Only the runways,maintenance buildings and freight are in Missisauga which is also designated as part of the GTA now. The arrival/deparure buildings are about 10 minutes from my mother's house in Etobicoke by car and My brothers house in Missisauga is at least 3/4 to 1 hour  to the terminal by car.  Etobicoke is integrated into GTA [Greater Toronto Area] but used to be a suburb like Zapopan is to Guadalajara Centro. Pearson is a huge airport and if it was my option to fly here from there I  wouldn't do it because of the masses of people there and I would definitely not fly anywhere during these times,in any event. Our  Canadian accountant usually flies down to their house here in October or November but she told us not before January if at all. 

• Sad 3

17 hours ago, johanson said:

I didn't know that Toronto had an Airport.  Hazel told me that the the closest airport to Toronto is in Mississauga. But I am in Seattle, what do I know :) 

OK smart guy.....technically Pearson Int'l IS in Mississauga......however....Toronto also has the Island Airport and Buttonville too.....not to mention Downsview.....within the city limits.    And....you can't fly non-stop to Guad from any of them.....unfortunately.....despite Air Canada saying many years ago that it would happen.....and the desire of many to "make it so".

18 hours ago, slainte39 said:

How did you manage getting that last second victory last night??? 

Stay away from banana peels, as your luck can´t always be THAT good.

Slainte39, that was so unbelievable. 5 and 0. This was their first time, ever. And trying to kind of sort of get back on topic, there were a lot of Canadians who crossed the border to come down and watch the event as well

• Confused 1

Pete, I didn't think that any fans were allowed at Sea Hawk games.  And you mean that some Canadians were allowed into the US just to watch a football game!?!  I thought they were smarter than that.... or at least that is the persona they are putting up.

• Like 1

120901153_1423601484698221_5597693954130015630_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=eClFEBGa_GkAX9bYFmP&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=7673340b8d00b4454b2ac5b72703a131&oe=5FACA658Hugo López Gatell declaró hoy, que lo peor del rebrote COVID será entre noviembre y febrero del próximo año. Hasta abril tendremos noticias de una probable vacuna. Por lo que exhortó a las autoridades educativas a no volver a las aulas hasta mediados del siguiente año.

So, Sr. Gatell doesn't think that kids should return to school till midway next year, just forget about their education and hamper their parent's ability to return back to work because they now have to homeschool their kids.  But its ok for their parents to stand in eternally ever long lines now at the bank or at the totillería.  Old ladies can still sit freely together in groups on the plaza and everybody is free to go hang out at your local Covidmart (Walmart).  But children 12 and under are forced to wait for their parents sitting in the parking lot while their older parents or grandparents shop at the Ajijic Walmart.  With stupid crazy rulings like these, its no wonder people are not taking this pandemic as seriously today.  What are these goverment people smoking?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

120901153_1423601484698221_5597693954130015630_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=eClFEBGa_GkAX9bYFmP&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=7673340b8d00b4454b2ac5b72703a131&oe=5FACA658Hugo López Gatell declaró hoy, que lo peor del rebrote COVID será entre noviembre y febrero del próximo año. Hasta abril tendremos noticias de una probable vacuna. Por lo que exhortó a las autoridades educativas a no volver a las aulas hasta mediados del siguiente año.

Yes, it will be a difficult winter.

• Thanks 1

Schools are closed but bars/cantinas are open, makes a lot of sense. (I wish I could go back to my student days and this time I would take the bar exam...).

On a different note, I sponsor several students and they are lucky to have access to the internet. Many in my neighborhood do not and this will spell disaster for their future, if any.