Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Driver's License Office

Natasha

So here's the scoop for TODAY 13 October. Tomorrow? Quien sabe. 

1.  Go to their new office (found with a little difficulty). Ask cop at front gate " are there just line-ups these days, or only appts.?"

Appts. only senora. BUT you cannot make them here.  You have to go to recaudadora, and you'll pay there at same time.

2.  Go to recaudadora. One line-up to make the appt.  (which I COULD have had as early as tomorrow but did not want ) and pay the girl 50 pesos for for doing so. (Guess I might have eliminated that by doing on line, but then had to be there to pay anyway so.....)  Make sure she sees Inapam card for discount.

NOTE:  Her machine spit out incorrect phone number for me, and because she had to change that ONE thing, it would not give me the appt. it had just done. It would only do it for a different day.    Hhmmmmm ?????

3.  Line up again to pay.  Show Inapam card again to be sure of discount.  Get official receipt for  license office.

Please note:  "Automovilista" is the ordinary D.L.  "Chofer" is required for pick-up trucks and larger, up to ?? size. Pointing this out because is more expensive. Found out that when hubby comes up, since pick-up now gone, we can "downgrade" with no fuss.

17 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

You can also pay online with cc.  But not sure if you can get Inapam discount online; didn't matter to us. 

Paying on line with credit card is something I will NEVER do in Mexico!  Know of far too many people whose cards have been wrongly utilized in one way or another.  It's cash for me, regardless of any  inconvenience in time etc.

44 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Oficina de Licensias, Chapala. 

Oficina de Licensias, Chapala.png

You actually have to enter a public parking lot which is past a school, but just before a little restaurant. No sign out on the road that I saw....and the building is tucked in at the far end and the left side. Large green sign on the front once you're in there.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, Mostlylost said:

You can make the required appointment on line before you go.  Will save a lot of time.

https://citas.jalisco.gob.mx/transporte/client/locationList

Thank you MostlyLost.  Screwed up my super-non-tech courage and gave it a try.  WORKED!! Changed the two showing in my email (... Her machine spit out incorrect phone number for me, and because she had to change that ONE thing, it would not give me the appt. it had just done. It would only do it for a different day. .... )  that had resulted from SNAFU the other day and now have a new one on a better day.

Appreciate the help, and will be prepared for hubbie's upcoming.